Bacterial vaginosis, or BV, is a relatively minor yet still embarrassing and inconvenient condition that can make living your normal daily routine a challenge. When you want a safer and less aggressive way to treat BV, you may want to try one of these home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. However, please do so only after getting a diagnosis from a medical expert.
Yogurt is recognized as a beneficial probiotic natural remedy for BV as well as recurrent yeast infections. It contains helpful “good” bacteria that helps neutralize the “bad” bacteria in that part of your body. It also helps eliminate odor, itching, and other discomforts associated with BV. To use yogurt as a home remedy for BV, you need:
- several containers of plain yogurt
- cotton tampons or cotton swabs
- You are encouraged to actually eat the yogurt to put good bacteria back into your system.
- You can also put plain yogurt on a cotton tampon or cotton swab to use it as a direct natural remedy for BV.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another one of the better known bacterial vaginosis home treatment options involves using apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar can be used as one of your home remedies for bacterial vaginosis by either consuming it or by applying it directly to the affected area. The acidic quality of the vinegar makes it an effective and low-cost home remedy for BV. To use it as a tip for how to get rid of bacterial vaginosis, you need:
As noted, you can drink one or two teaspoons of the vinegar as a natural remedy for BV. However, if you want to use a home remedy for BV through direct contact, apply it to a cotton swab or cotton tampon to be inserted into the vagina. You can also use the vinegar as a douche rinse if you prefer.
3. Cold Compress
You may want to try BV home remedies that provide instant relief from the itching and burning associated with this condition. A cold compress can provide fast relief from these symptoms. It is also a safe home remedy for BV that you can use as often as needed until the condition clears up on its own. To make a cold compress, use:
- a washcloth
- an ice pack
- a soft towel
- Apply the cold compress to the affected area for several minutes.
- Avoid keeping it place too long to avoid burns from the ice pack.
- Repeat as often as necessary to use as an effective home remedy for bacterial vaginosis.
When you want to learn how to get rid of bacterial vaginosis naturally, you should think about what ingredients have built-in anti-fungal and antimicrobial qualities to them. For this purpose, garlic might be the ideal bacterial vaginosis home treatment because it can fight fungus, bacteria, and viruses that cause odor, itching, and burning. To use garlic as one of your preferred BV home remedies, you need:
- To use garlic as one of the more indirect home remedies for bacterial vaginosis, eat at least one clove of garlic a day.
- However, if you want to use one of the direct home remedies for BV, make a paste out of minced garlic and apply it directly to the affected area.
Image source: Pixabay.com
5. Boric Acid
Boric acid is effective in killing harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungus, which can help relieve BV symptoms like itching, burning, and swelling.Boric acid can be an effective and safe bacterial vaginosis home treatment if utilized properly and carefully. To use boric acid as one of your preferred home remedies for BV, you should make it into a thin paste. Remember to use a small quantity of boric acid, around one or two teaspoons at the most, for this purpose.
- food grade boric acid
- two to three teaspoons of water
- Apply the paste at least once a day to the affected area.
- Make sure to wash it off before you to bed at night.
Chamomile is one of the most recommended natural home remedies for BV that you can use several times a day. It helps relieve pain, itching, swelling, and burning, which are typically the worst BV symptoms you may experience. It can also minimize the odor associated with BV. To use this home remedy for bacterial vaginosis, you need:
- chamomile tea
- a biodegradable tea bag
- hot water
- Brew the tea as normal.
- Remove the tea bag and place it in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the tea bag is cool, place it in the vagina as a makeshift douche.
- Leave in place for up to 30 minutes.
- Repeat as necessary to use as a home treatment for bacterial vaginosis.
Image source: Pixabay.com
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can be one of the more effective BV home remedies if used correctly and with the right amount of caution. This substance kills bacteria, viruses, and fungus. However, it cannot differentiate between good bacteria and bad bacteria. If you use too much peroxide, you could throw off the natural balance in this part of the body and develop a yeast infection. To use it as one of your regular home remedies for BV, you need:
- 1/8 cup of peroxide
- ½ cup of warm water
- a douche bottle
- Use the hydrogen peroxide water as a douche once a day to address itching, burning, and odor from BV.
8. Tea Tree Oil
When it comes to discovering new home remedies for bacterial vaginosis, you should remember the medicinal qualities found in tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has natural anti-fungal and antimicrobial qualities that make it one of the better home remedies for BV. When used as one of your standard home remedies for BV, tea tree oil can quickly heal itching, burning, and odor from this condition. To use it as one of your regular home remedies for bacterial vaginosis, you need:
- a bottle of tea tree essential oil
- cotton swabs or cotton tampons
- Apply a few drops of the tea tree oil to the swabs or tampons and insert into the vagina.
- Alternatively, you can apply the oil directly to the affected area.
Fenugreek is one of the most natural home remedies for bacterial vaginosis available to you today. To use it as a BV treatment at home, you need to first purchase fenugreeks seeds. You can typically find them at a natural grocery store or farmer’s market. This home remedy for BV calls for supplies like:
- fenugreek seeds
- a food processor
- Grind the seeds in the food processor and then boil in hot water.
- Strain and then allow the water to cool before drinking it.
This approach to the home remedies for bacterial vaginosis puts good bacteria into your system and helps curb the worst symptoms of BV.
Turmeric gives you the option of creating a couple of different home remedies for bacterial vaginosis that you can use discreetly to get rid of this condition. Both options are easy to concoct at home. For both, you need supplies like:
- fresh or ground turmeric
- You can first boil the turmeric into a tea that you can drink to combat BV symptoms.
- You can also combine ground turmeric with water to make a paste that you can apply to the affected area.
Both home remedies for bacterial vaginosis work quickly and take care of the most embarrassing and inconvenient side effects of BV.
Image source: Flickr.com
Milk is one of the gentlest and most calming home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. It soothes the burning and itching of BV and also eliminates any odor. To use it as a home remedy for this condition, you need:
- Vitamin D or organic milk
- cotton tampons
- Dip the tampons in the milk and then insert them into the vagina.
- Depending on your comfort level, you may want to let the milk come to room temperature first.
12. Baking Soda
Baking soda is another one of the proven home remedies for bacterial vaginosis that is low in cost and high in the relief it offers. You can make it into a paste to treat BV by using:
- several teaspoons of baking soda
- one or two teaspoons of water
Make the baking soda into a thick paste that you can apply to the area. Use the paste several times a day as needed to treat BV. The soda kills fungus and eliminates odor. It also neutralizes bacteria in that part of the body.
Image source: Flickr.com
Bacterial vaginosis causes inconvenient and distressing pain, swelling, itching, burning, and odor, among other symptoms. The OTC products that you can buy often contain artificial dyes, scents, and other ingredients that could adversely affect your health. When you want more natural and safer BV remedies to use at home, you can consider these home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. These strategies for taking care of this condition are low in cost and offer you the relief you need from all of the most bothersome BV symptoms.
(Visited 1,105 times, 1 visits today)