Hair loss, or alopecia, is a condition that can happen to anyone. It is primarily found in those who are aging, however. In this article, we will offer up a few different home remedies for alopecia. The benefits of each remedy will be listed, as well as a step-by-step guide on how to use each of them.
Home remedies for hair loss are often a good choice for those who do not want to spend money on gimmicky products. They are less expensive than buying dedicated professional products and usually just as effective.
Depending on the severity of the alopecia, you may also want to try our for home remedies for hair growth. You can also use these remedies to maintain your hair thickness and growth rate.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the most common home remedies for many things. This is because it is inexpensive and readily available at most pharmacies or drug stores. Coconut oil is known for nourishing the scalp and may be able to stimulate hair growth because of it.
- Put around four tablespoons of coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil until it is a liquid.
- Once it is a liquid, let it cool off to room temperature.
- Rub it into your scalp.
- Let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water in the shower.
2. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is another really common home remedy for hair loss. This is because it can nourish the scalp and help fix its pH levels. With a balanced pH, hair has a better environment in which it can grow. You can get natural aloe vera gel for cheaply at most drug stores.
- Rub some aloe vera gel in between your palms to warm it up.
- Rub the aloe vera gel into the scalp and around one inch of the roots of your hair.
- Let it sit for around two or three hours.
- Rinse it out using warm water in the shower.
3. Oil Massage
For this home remedy, you can use any one of your favorite oils. It is recommended that you use olive oil or coconut oil. This is because these are not only good for your scalp; they are also relatively inexpensive and are easy to find.
- Warm up the oil of your choice in a microwave using a microwave-safe bowl for less than a minute.
- Put on some gloves or choose to use your hands.
- Rub the oil into your scalp in a massaging motion.
- Wrap your hair in a towel & secure.
- Leave the towel on overnight; in the morning, remove the towel and rinse out the oil in your normal shower.
4. Amla Oil
If you have found that using coconut oil did not work, it is recommended you use Amla oil. This oil is used in the same way as coconut oil–either as a massage oil or as a shampoo.
- Put some amla oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Let the oil heat up for a little bit of time.
- Once it has heated up, put some of the oil in your hands.
- Rub it into your scalp or use it as a shampoo.
- Be sure to remove the oil from the hair with warm water in the shower.
Neem oil is a special oil that comes from the neem plant. It is used traditionally for beauty and health-oriented benefits. It is said that if you boil down neem leaves in water and let the water cool, it can be used as a shampoo. Neem oil or neem leaves can usually be found at a health food store.
- Put some neem leaves in a pot.
- Add water.
- Bring the neem leaves and water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat.
- Let the mixture cool; strain.
- Use the cooled mixture as a shampoo in the shower. Be sure to rinse it out thoroughly.
Onion has a high level of sulfur in it, which is great for hair growth. You can find an onion in any grocery store. They often do not cost much money at all. This makes it a viable home remedy.
- You can choose to eat the onion, but it might take longer to work. If you want to take this route, eat as much onion in your meals as you can.
- If you want faster results, use the essence of the onion. Chop it up and rub some onion slices on your scalp. Shampoo and rinse your hair afterwards as normal
Garlic also possesses a high level of sulfur to help you grow your hair more easily. You will be able to procure garlic in most any grocery store. It is usually inexpensive to buy it fresh from the store. This makes it a viable home remedy.
- You can opt to eat the garlic, but this method might take longer to work. If you decide to do this, you should just eat as much garlic in your food as you can.
- If you want quicker results, use the garlic itself. Chop up the garlic cloves and rub some of the garlic on your scalp. Shampoo and rinse your hair afterwards as normal.
Hibiscus is known to have properties inside of it that can nourish and revitalize the hair, controlling dandruff and graying hair. It can also help with hair growth and prevent loss as well. You can buy hibiscus in some health food stores. It comes at a moderate price.
- Break apart the hibiscus flowers into petals.
- Put the petals into a pot with water.
- Boil the petals of the Hibiscus flower with the water.
- Allow the water to cool after it has been boiled.
- Use the Hibiscus water just as you would a shampoo and then rinse it out.
Egg is a classic way to treat your hair. It has been known to contain enough amino acids and nutrients to help grow your hair. It may also be able to stop the thinning of the hair. Eggs are available at any grocery store. They do not cost much at all to buy. In fact, some people have eggs already in their homes.
- Crack an egg or two into a bowl.
- Mix the eggs together using a whisk.
- Once it is smooth, grab some rubber gloves.
- Rub the egg into your hair and scalp and let it sit.
- Once it has set, rinse it out with warm water.
Biotin has been known to help hair grow for years now. This is an easy way to help promote hair growth. You can choose to take biotin supplements. You can also find biotin in certain foods.
- Take as directed on the package or by orders from your medical provider.
- romaine lettuce
- chard and more
- You can eat any of these vegetables in a salad or be creative to use in different recipes.
11. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is an herb that has been used for a long time for different cases of hair loss. It can be taken as a supplement or rubbed on the head once a tea has been made. You can find this herb in health food stores for a fair price.
- Take as directed on the package or by orders from your medical provider.
- Crush up the leaves of the saw palmetto herb.
- Use the leaves to make a tea by boiling water with the leaves until it is hot.
- Let the tea cool off completely.
- Use the herb mixture as a shampoo.
- Let it sit on the skin for half an hour.
- Rinse it out as normal.
Aromatherapy has been known to control hair loss. It can also help hair to grow. By using a number of essential oils, you may be able to help hair grow by breathing them in.
- Lavender oil
- Rosemary oil
- Thyme oil or
- Cedar wood oil
- Use one of these essential oils and rub it into your scalp. Allow it to sit for a while.
- Rinse it out in the shower.
- Repeat these steps daily until your hair loss condition improves.
Getting therapeutic massage a few times a week has also been shown to help thinning hair. This is because it helps to bring more blood circulation to the scalp. This way, you can stimulate hair growth manually and organically. You can choose to get a professional scalp massage, but that might cost a bit of money. You can instead massage your head yourself.
- Rub some coconut oil into your palms and fingertips.
- Massage your scalp using the hands covered in the oil.
- Be sure to rub hard but not so hard that you hurt yourself.
14. Fenugreek seeds
When synthesis of dihydrotestosterone occurs in the body, hair loss can occur. Fenugreek is one of the most powerful blockers of dihydrotestosterone synthesis out there. Because of this it is good to use it on your scalp. You can find fenugreek seeds just about anywhere, especially at health food stores.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a small amount of water; let stand overnight.
- Grind up the mixture with only a little more water to make a paste.
- Use gloves to apply this mixture to your scalp.
- Leave the mixture on the scalp for around half an hour and then rinse it out.
15. Green tea
Green tea is known as one of the most effective treatments against alopecia, or hair loss. Green tea is full of polyphenols as well as antioxidants. Both of these are great at protecting the scalp and regenerating healthy hair follicles. This home remedy is very cheap. You can buy green tea leaves at any grocery store or health food store. This tea can be drank or applied to the skull.
- Boil together water and green tea on the stove.
- Once the tea mixture has cooled, pour the blend into a bowl.
- Rub the mixture on the scalp when it has cooled.
- Let it sit overnight by securing a towel on your head.
- Rinse it in the morning in the shower after massaging it into the scalp.
In this article, we have provided you with 15 different home remedies for hair loss. We have also provided you with a step-by-step guide on how to complete each one. Do you have a certain home remedy that you prefer to use?
Is there a tried and true home remedy that you know that we have failed to mention? We want to hear about it. Let us know about it in the comments section that can be found below. You giving us this information is a great way to help other readers who suffer from the same hair loss symptoms that you do
(Visited 60 times, 1 visits today)