Each organ in our body plays an important role that ensures our continued existence. The colon is one such organ. As a part of the digestive system, it is tasked with water absorption, nutrients, and vitamins from the food matter which is not digestible as well as getting rid of solid waste from our bodies. However, the colon (also known as the large intestines), unable to carry out its duties due to a malfunction, it begins extracting toxins which cause headaches, fatigue, bloating, constipation and chronic and a myriad of illnesses. Luckily, here are some home remedies for colon cleansing for you.
1. Sea Salt
You may not like the taste, but using sea salt sure is an effective colon cleanse home remedy. This method of using sea salt stimulates the bowel movement and flushes out bacteria and other pathogens from your colon. However, if you are hypertension and related heart cases patient, this method is not recommended. Unless with a physician’s directions and under strict supervision.
• Sea salt
• Warm water
• Boil a glass of water early when you get up in the morning
• Add one teaspoon of sea salt in the water and stir until it all dissolves
• Let it cool to a lukewarm state and sip slowly
• Have a rest; lying down is ideal
• More water should be taken afterward to avoid cases of diarrhea
• Take light meals during the day
Apart from being a food additive, ginger has a myriad of other uses; ginger has other many uses. One of them is cleaning, specifically the large intestines. It is a readily available ingredient used to get rid of bloating and free it of toxins. Ginger can be grated, taken as juice or cut into small pieces. The following method is one of the home remedies for colon cleansing.
• Ginger juice
• Lemon juice
• Boil some water
• Mix 1 teaspoon of ginger juice with a quarter cup of lemon juice
• Add them to the hot water
• Add 1 teaspoon of honey
• Divide into three parts
• Drink throughout the day
Another option is to add ginger juice into herbal tea. However, ginger is not recommended for pregnant women.
3. Aloe Vera
For quite a long time now, Aloe Vera has been known as a great cleanser. That is why many beauty products contain traces of it. The reason is that Aloe Vera is good for detoxification. Apparently, it is also used as one of the home remedies for colon cleanse. The gel that this plant contains does not only detoxify your large intestines, it also makes your skin smoother, stops diarrhea, headaches, gastric pains and bloating.
• Aloe Vera gel
• Peel some lemons and put them in a blender
• Add some Aloe Vera gel
• Add a little water and blend to make some sweet juice
• Refrigerate the juice for up to three hours
• Pour some and drink for a couple of times a day or in the next following days
Flax seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, natural fibers, and antioxidants. They can be ingested in some ways and whichever way one uses, flaxseeds will go ahead and act as a colon cleanse home remedy. They are capable of absorbing water and expanding in the intestines and flush out the toxins that have accumulated in it. It also removes the mucus and lets the waste go through.
Flaxseed is capable of cancer prevention, hypertension, and diabetes.
• Ground flax seeds
• A glass of water
• Add one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds into a glass of water
• Stir to make a smooth mixture
• Drink it 30 minutes before bedtime or early before eating your breakfast
Another of practicing colon cleanse home remedy is by adding the ground flaxseeds to your cereal, fruit juice, yogurt, salad among other daily foods you take.
5. Apple Juice
Apple juice is a recommendation to many people as a colon cleanse home remedy. For this reason, if one does not have a packaged organic apple juice, one should have freshly squeezed juice from apples ready at all times. Why am I saying so? Fresh apple juice is one of the best colon cleansing home remedies. The juice triggers and enhances bowel movements and makes it easy for toxins to be flushed out. It also can improve the liver’s health apart from ensuring your digestive system is on point.
• Squeeze the fresh apples severally into a glass
• Do not filter
• Drink a glass of it
• Drink 1 glass of water after half an hour
• Do this routinely a couple of times during the day
• After three days, give it a rest.
In between the cleansing process, instead of a glass of water, you can substitute it with a glass of prune juice.
6. Lemon Juice
Talk about home remedies for colon cleansing that do not involve concoctions! This is a popular juice option for many during or even after meals. It should, therefore, not be a thing to fret about doing. Lemon juice has the natural action of triggering peristalsis and curing your colon. It has Vitamin C which works great in cleaning your digestive system among other benefits. As such, it makes a perfect colon cleanse home remedy.
• Lemon juice
• A pinch of sea salt
• Boil a glass or two glasses of water when you wake up
• Pour it into a glass and let it cool for a while until it is lukewarm
• Make a mixture of a lemon’s juice and a pinch of salt in the lukewarm water
• Drink on an empty stomach before taking anything else
• Do this several times during the day
• In between, make apple juice mixed with a little lemon juice and drink
Follow this routine for a month, and your colon will be as clean as new.
7. Fibre-rich food
From when you studied science in middle school, you probably still remember the fact that we are encouraged to eat food rich in fiber as they help with digestion. Apparently, fiber is another good option and an easy way of cleansing your colon. Not involving many procedures, these type of food are just cooked like you would, as it were, and consume.
The good thing about consuming food rich in fiber is there is a variety of them to choose from.
• Broccoli, oats, peas, artichokes, cereals, nuts
• Fruits like raspberries, avocados, and pears are also rich in fiber and should regularly be consumed.
The result will be a clean colon free of toxins. Stool will be soft and will be expelled easily.
Many people would not even consider having garlic as raw as it is even though it is one of the most effective home remedies for colon cleanse. Well, you do not have to. You can crush and add them to your favorite recipe. It always makes a tasty spice and what do you know, you have been carrying out detoxification if garlic is a must for any food you take. Adding garlic to food is a great way of cleansing your digestive system.
Garlic effectively kills parasites and other pathogens in the body as well as flushing out toxins from your body. It has antioxidants that treat inflammations, aids in food digestion, elevates the level of nutrient absorption and get rid of harmful products and waste from the body.
9. Chia Seeds
Like flax seeds, chia seeds also contain insurmountable amounts of omega-3 fatty acids which are good in stabilizing the cells of walls and reduce or get rid of inflammations. It has soluble fiber which enhances food digestion. They also get rid of joint pains as well as treating skin conditions.
Chia seeds contain fats which increase a body’s immune system to inflammations. Regular consumption of chia seeds reduces risks of developing hypertension and other related heart diseases. Moreover, chia seeds contain calcium, manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorous and niacin. A colon cleanse home remedy that has all this benefits is one you do not want to miss.
• Chia seeds
Here’s what one can do with chia seeds
• Grind chia seeds and mix them with water
• Divide them into 9 parts
• Consume the concoctions for 2 weeks
This treatment can be repeated several times for colon cleansing.
10. Fennel Seeds
Apart from chia and flax seeds, fennel seeds are an addition to a collection of seeds capable of treating ailments. Having a therapeutic nature, they are used to treat stomach aches, in detoxification and cleaning the digestive system. With antioxidants and having anti-inflammatory properties, they treat colon cancer, bloating and indigestion. They are also an excellent source of iron which catalyzes body metabolism. Every mineral that chia seeds have is contained in the seeds of fennel. It only has also kaempferol, limonene, quercetin, and fenchone.
• Half a teaspoon of ground fennel seed
• A cup of boiling water
• Add the ground fennel seeds into a cup of the boiled water
• Leave it to steep for 10 to fifteen minutes
• Pour water into a pan and boil for a few minutes
• Add tea leaves and the ground seeds into the water and continue boiling
• Add a quarter cup of milk
• Strain it and drink as a colon cleanse home remedy.
We use it to quench our thirsts but what we don’t know is that it has medicinal purposes. It keeps our bodies hydrated and helps us grow resistant to some ailments and conditions. Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day helps the food we eat to move swiftly in our digestive system. However, if we want the best results and for use as a colon cleanse home remedy, it is a recommendation that we take about ten to twelve glasses of water a day. This should be carried on as a routine day in and out.
Harmful toxins require fluids that are used to flush them out and water provides just the liquid and lubrication to aid in the task. It is an effective easy to use method to cleanse your colon.
12. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
Used as a successful home remedy for many ailments, unfiltered apple cider vinegar has other abilities we hardly know about. It breaks down the food particles in our digestive system and stabilizes the contents of our stomach. Its antioxidants primarily boost our general health.
Honey, on the other hand, contains anti-tumour traits which kill cancer cells and cleanse our digestive tract. The two are a perfect colon cleanse home remedy.
• 8 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
• Same amount of raw honey
• 8 ounces of warm water
• Add the two teaspoons of the apple cider vinegar and honey into the 8 ounces of water
• Stir the mixture well
• Drink the mixture several times during the day.
However easy these home remedies may seem, great caution must be exercised while trying or using them. It is recommended that you check with your doctor or physician if the listed colon cleanse home remedy is safe for you. It’s mandatory that you keep yourself well hydrated to avoid risking more complications. Otherwise, of all the choices you can make, whichever home cleansing remedy you choose, I hope you find the right one and keep yourself healthy, happy and rejuvenated.