In the article below, we will show you different ways that you can treat Amoebiasis at home. We will offer you several home remedies for Amoebiasis and offer the steps you need to take to complete the treatments.
Amoebiasis is an infection found in the gastrointestinal tract. It usually is associated with poor sanitation. Amoebiasis is a bigger problem in places such as China, Latin America, Mexico, South East Asia and West Asia. It is caused by Entamoeba histolytica. Only 10 to 20 percent of those who get infected with E. histolytica actually get sick from the infection. Still, it is recommended that you visit a doctor if you suspect you have Amoebiasis or you notice the symptoms of Amoebiasis. Home remedies for Amoebiasis can help alleviate the symptoms, but not cure the infection.
Coconut is known to be a potent agent against parasites, which is why it is often used as a home remedy for pinworms, for example. Because of this, coconut may be able to help fight off the parasites that cause Amoebiasis.Not just this, but it may be able to give your immune system a boost to fight off other pathogens. Coconut as a fruit and as an oil can both assist in this. Coconut oil is cheaper than coconut itself. You can decide which one might be best for you.
- Drink a few glasses of coconut water each day. This can help make up for any lost fluids from being sick.
- Conversely, you can ingest two to three tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil a day.
Oregano is another effective anti-parasitic agent. It is good not only at getting rid of parasites; it can also help to treat Amoebiasis. Furthermore, it has potent antioxidant and antibiotic benefits that can help your body ward off infections. Not only this, but it features antispasmodic effects that can help with cramping and pain. Oregano is one of the most common cooking herbs out there. For this reason, it is incredibly cheap and easy to find.
- Mix in two or three drops of oregano oil into a glass of water with fresh lemon juice.
- Drink the mixture up to three times a day.
- You can also add oregano into your cooking to keep your body in constant supply of it.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is excellent at its job of balancing and maintaining the pH levels in the body. This makes the body inhabitable for parasites to live and thrive in. It also is full of minerals and vitamins. These two things work to help strengthen your immune system to, in turn, fight off the infection. You can find apple cider vinegar cheaply at any grocery store.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Raw honey
- Into one cup of warm water, add in one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Pour in a few splashes of lemon juice.
- Mix in some raw honey.
- Stir it well until it is an even consistency.
- Drink this mixture up to two times a day.
4. Dietary Fiber
High fiber foods help to clean out your intestines. With amoebiasis, that is primarily where the parasites can be found. This makes eating more fiber a truly beneficial home remedy. Not only this, but it helps encourage healthier, more regular bowel movements which is important for good health. Foods rich in fiber are many, allowing you to create high-fiber meals with a number of ingredients.
- High fiber foods
Cook your meals with some of the following:
- Whole grain products
- Sunflower seeds
- Wheat germ
- Brown rice
- Eating foods with plenty of fiber can also help boost the immune system to help fight off the infection by flushing out toxins.
One of the most common symptoms of amoebiasis is diarrhea and vomiting. Both of these symptoms are things that can dehydrate you rather quickly. The dehydration could make your condition worse. Preventing dehydration by drinking more liquids could help you recover more quickly. This also will help to flush out your system and may be able to help you get rid of the parasites more quickly.
- Be sure to drink between eight and 10 glasses of water per day.
- Drink other liquids such as sports drinks, buttermilk, coconut water and different kinds of teas.
- Make a homemade solution of salt, sugar and water.
Cloves are full of different healthy and beneficial properties. These include antiseptic, antibacterial and antiparasitic effects. This can destroy not only the parasites but their eggs as well. They can also help to prevent any sort of parasitic infestations in the future. With cloves, you can also help decrease the abdominal discomfort associated with the infestation as well. Cloves can be found in most grocery stores as well as in health food stores.
- Clove powder
- Add a single teaspoon of clove powder into a cup of boiled water.
- Cover the mixture and allow it to steep for around 15 minutes.
- Drink the solution up to three times a day. Repeat this for a week.
- You could also chew on some cloves each day.
Pumpkin is one of the best things you could eat if you experience any sort of abdominal discomfort. It can also help to get rid of parasites. The combination of these benefits is sure to help you begin to feel better. You can get pumpkin in many different forms at any grocery store, and prepare them the way you like. Pumpkin can be rather inexpensive to purchase if bought during the correct season.
- Chew on one to two teaspoons of pumpkin seeds each day. Do this for a few weeks. Drink plenty of water with the seeds.
- Eat roasted cubes of pumpkin.
- Make a pumpkin soup and use chunks of pumpkin along with puree.
8. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac is another potent, natural home remedy for this condition. This natural ingredient, also known as neem, is full of antibiotic effects as well as antiparasitic effects; both of these can work in your favor to kill those parasites. Not only this, but Indian lilac can get rid of the toxins that these parasites can leave behind after they die. You can find Indian lilac in health food stores primarily.
- Indian lilac
- Chew on five or six Indian lilac leaves each day on an empty stomach.
- Drink one teaspoon of neem juice up to two times a day.
- You can also grind neem leaves down into a powder. Then, mix it with turmeric.
- Form a past with some mustard oil. Apply the paste to your stomach.
Garlic is packed with antiparasitic and antibiotic properties. Working in harmony, these properties could help you get rid of the harmful parasites that are found in the infestation. It is also able to give your immune system a boost. This can, in turn, help you heal from the infestation faster. Garlic is a common household ingredient that you may already have in your pantry. This makes it virtually free if not incredibly cheap.
- Garlic and / or garlic supplements
- Eat two to three garlic cloves each day. Try to eat them raw. Eat them when your stomach is empty. Repeat this for a few weeks.
- Take garlic supplements as directed.
Turmeric is a powerful ingredient that can take care of a lot of issues in the body. It is an antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent. Not only can it offer those benefits during the infestation, it is also able to remove the toxins the parasites bring. Inflammation of the intestines can be prevented, and your tissues can be saved from damage. Finally, it can boost your immune system to help fight the infestation, too.
- Mix together a teaspoon of raw turmeric, a small pinch of salt and a tall glass of water. Drink this on an empty stomach once a day. Repeat it for two weeks.
11. Guava Leaves
Guava leaves are full of acids that are good for throwing off the levels in your body in a good way. By introducing more acidity to your intestines, it leaves your body too uninhabitable for parasites to survive or form. It can promptly kill the eggs and parasites in your intestines. Guava leaves can sometimes be purchased at grocery stores, but you are more likely to find them in health food stores.
- Guava leaves
- Wash and dry a handful of guava leaves.
- Grind these leaves down into a powder using a mortar and pestle.
- Put the powder into a glass of water.
- Drink it up to three times a day.
12. Bilva Fruit
Bilva fruit is a fruit that is full of acid. The acid is great for providing your body with a much-needed antimicrobial agent. Not only this, but the acid can help create an environment that is too acidic for parasites to live. There is more acid inside of the unripe fruit; for this reason, unripe fruit will likely be a more potent choice.
- Bilva fruit, Unripened
- Peel an unripe bilva fruit.
- Separate the pulp out.
- Put some honey in it so it is edible.
- Eat it twice a day.
- Do this for around two weeks.
Apricot is one of the most effective treatments against this ailment. It can help get rid of the parasites and the eggs in the intestines. This is because it is able to provide enough acid to help raise the acid levels in the intestines. By doing this, it makes your body an inhabitable place for parasites to live. This will kill off the parasites with ease. It also helps you have more regular bowel movements which will help flush out the intestines.
- Apricot juice
- Eat raw or cooked apricots a few times a day. Do this for a few weeks. While you can eat them both ways, it is recommended that you eat them raw.
- You can apply apricot juice topically to the stomach to relieve pain and cramping.
Yogurt, like other probiotic food, is great for this condition. This is because probiotic-laden food has lactic acid bacteria. Also known as lactobacilli, it is able to help stop some germs that cause diarrhea. This can help you stay hydrated while also helping your immune system fight off the infestation. Eating yogurt gives you natural access to these probiotics.
- Probiotic pills
- Buy yogurt that has live bacteria cultures inside of it.
- Eat it plain or mix it with a tasty fruit of your choice.
- Consume it one or two times a day.
- You can also take probiotic supplements. These can be found in any drug store.
Rosemary is great at neutralizing the intestines. Consuming rosemary may help get rid of the parasites.
- Cook with rosemary in your daily meals.
There are a number of home remedies for amoebiasis. We have listed a few above. Did we forget your favorite remedy? Tell us about it in the comments below.