In this article, we will provide you with information on home remedies for armpit lumps. This article will offer you step-by-step directions on getting rid of the lumps.
Armpit lumps are usually the product of a number of different things, some of which are hard to avoid. These lumps often come from swelling of the lymph nodes for a number of reasons. Reasons can include using antiperspirants, shaving the underarms, microbial infections, allergies and more. Symptoms can range from things like pain, rashes, no appetite, fever and body ache. There are ways to possibly rid yourself of these lumps. If you have persistent armpit lumps that are not made better by home remedies in a reasonable amount of time, it is best to visit a doctor, as these lumps may be an indication of infection.
Since underarm skin is quite delicate, lumps are often associated with rashes. Many of the home remedies for armpit lumps listed here can also deal effectively with rashes as well. However, you may also want to try out our home remedies for rashes, to deal with this unpleasent side effect.
1. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a great place to start when trying to get rid of armpit lumps. This vitamin is able to stop fluid retention and can help rid your body of the lump completely. Not only this, but it is able to nourish the skin and help it to be restored. You can get vitamin E oil at a health food store. You could also choose to eat vitamin E-rich foods. Applying it topically with an oil is likely to have a faster effect.
- Vitamin E oil and/or vitamin E-rich foods
- Eat foods like nuts, greens, mangoes, seeds and pumpkin.
- You can also mix a few drops of vitamin E oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil.
- Apply it to the lumps.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is full of vitamin C that can help heal the armpit lump. It comes with anti-inflammatory benefits that can give relief from both the swelling and the pain. Lemons can be purchased at any grocery store. It is recommended that you use actual lemons and get their juice. If you cannot do that, then bottled lemon juice is fine.
- Honey, optional
- Juice half of a lemon.
- Dilute the juice with water.
- Soak the mixture in a cotton swab.
- Dab it onto your armpit.
- Do it twice a day until the lump disappears.
- You can also drink water and lemon juice once a day to help aid the cause.
- Add a little honey to the drink to make it more palatable.
Watermelon is one of the best, if not the best, fruit you can eat when your body is dehydrated. Sometimes, armpit lumps happen when the body is not well hydrated. Eating plenty of watermelon may be able to help. Watermelon is also able to help purify the blood. It can detox the body as well. You can find watermelon at any grocery store, especially around spring and summertime. They are relatively inexpensive.
- Juice the watermelon and drink it every day in the morning. Try to drink it on an empty stomach.
- You can also cut pieces of fresh watermelon into cubes and eat it as often as possible.
Nutmeg is a natural source of both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Because it is an anti-inflammatory agent, it is especially useful at not only getting rid of the lump, it can also more swiftly get rid of the pain and swelling that they can cause. Nutmeg can be found either in whole or in powder form. If you grind up nutmeg into a fresh powder, it may be more effective. That said, pre-powdered form might be easier and cheaper.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind down the nutmeg. You can also use pre-dried, ground nutmeg powder.
- Add nutmeg powder and honey to a glass of warm water. Mix it up well and drink it each day.
Honey is packed full of natural antibiotic properties. It also comes with antibacterial properties as well. This combination is able to alleviate you of the pain and swelling that comes with the armpit lumps. Applying raw honey directly to the armpit may be able to help with regular application. You can find raw honey at most grocery stores. If not there, you could go to health food stores where they are sure to have more than one kind.
- Put raw honey directly onto the lumps in your armpit.
- Allow it to sit for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using warm water.
- Repeat this daily.
Turmeric is one of the strongest anti-inflammatories to come from a natural ingredient. Not only this, but it is full of antibacterial, antibiotic and other healing properties. This makes it an ideal choice for use for not only the pain but for getting rid of the lump altogether as well. You can find turmeric in any grocery store and grind it up to use fresh turmeric on your skin. You could also skip the grinding process and instead use a turmeric powder.
- Turmeric, fresh or powdered
- Grind up turmeric or get some powdered turmeric.
- Add some into a bit of water.
- Mix it in to make a paste.
- Apply it to the lump.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
One of the most common ingredients used in cooking can also be one of the most potent ways to get rid of armpit lumps. This makes onion a convenient, inexpensive and powerful home remedy. Onion is full of both antiseptic and antibacterial agents. These are both ideal for getting rid of the lumps. If you do not already have an onion in your kitchen, you can find them for an inexpensive price at a grocery store.
- You can choose to juice an onion or eat it.
- Chop up raw onions and eat them on your foods as often as possible. Raw will be a more potent choice than cooked.
Charcoal is great at getting rid of both the swelling and the pain that comes with armpit lumps. This is because charcoal is known to be able to extract toxins and bacteria that could be making the lump worse. Activated charcoal is great for most things that have to do with the skin. You may already know this and have some in your supply. If not, it can be found at health food and sometimes beauty stores.
- Combine activated charcoal with both water and flaxseeds in order to form a gel substance.
- Put this mixture inside of tissue paper.
- Press the compress to your armpit lumps regularly in order to experience relief.
Garlic is another common cooking ingredient that is likely already in your home. One of the most potent home remedies for armpit lumps, garlic is an antibiotic that can help you heal up the lump. It can also work as a mild analgesic. Garlic has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties as well, making it a true powerhouse for healing these lumps. You can find garlic in any grocery store. It is best if you use fresh garlic instead of pre-minced garlic.
- Garlic cloves
- Create a garlic paste by cutting the garlic into minced piece and mixing them with a tiny bit of water.
- Apply the paste to the armpit.
- You can also eat three cloves of garlic in the morning and on an empty stomach to get the best outcome.
10. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is full of anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and moisturizing agents. This makes it a common choice for home remedies of different kinds. For armpit lumps, it can easily shrink them down to nothing and nourish the skin. It can reduce the swelling as well in order to help with the pain. Coconut oil can be purchased already in a jar or bottle to make things easier for you. It is an inexpensive and easy-to-find product to purchase.
- Warm up a tablespoon or two of coconut oil in the microwave.
- Using a clean cotton pad, apply the warm coconut oil to the armpit.
- Repeat this daily until you reach desired results.
Echinacea is a go-to for many people who have different issues; this extends from issues of the skin to the common cold. It is full of antibiotic agents that can help purify the blood. In turn, that can help cure the armpit lump. This herb can be found in just about any grocery store. It can also be found in health food stores. Both locations will have it for an inexpensive price.
- Echinacea herb
- Boil a handful or two of the herb in water.
- Let it steep for five minutes.
- Drink the solution it produces once daily.
Note: if you have an autoimmune disorder, you should not consume Echinacea
12. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great choice for home remedies for armpit lumps. This is because it is an antiseptic and can help heal ailments. Not only this, but it is a natural antibiotic as well. Because it can act as an anti-inflammatory, it can also give relief from the pain of swelling as well. Apple cider vinegar is a common kitchen ingredient. This means it is likely that you already have some in your home, making it virtually free. If you do not, it can be purchased cheaply at any grocery store
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar.
- Put it on a cotton ball and dab it onto your skin.
13. Warm Compresses
Heat is excellent at reducing lumps in the body, especially those in the armpit. The warmth from the hot water compress can help to not only relieve the pain, but it can relieve the swelling as well. This will remove a large amount of discomfort in the armpit from lumps. Hot compresses can be made out of just about anything. The most common of these is a hot water bottle that can be purchased at a store. You can also make a more temporary one with a wash rag.
- Clean wash rag
- Heat water until it is hot.
- Dip the rag into the water.
- Wring out excess water.
- Press it to the lumps.
- Repeat twice a day.
14. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a natural remedy that needs no introduction. It has long since been used to treat ailments of the skin. This is because it possesses both moisturization and anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera can be purchased in plant form or in a bottle. Both of these are relatively inexpensive. It is recommended that you use the plant for greater effects.
- Get the gel from the leaf.
- Apply it to the armpit.
A massage will help relieve some of the swelling and pain. Best of all, it is free.
Without massage oil, gently massage the armpit
In this article, we have offered several home remedies for armpit lumps. Have we forgotten to include your go-to method? Tell us about it in the comments below.