Frequent urination is something that can get in the way of a person’s daily life. When you have to pause what you are doing constantly to visit the restroom, it can become a serious issue. There are a number of different causes for frequent urination, but no matter the cause, one thing is for sure: you want it to stop. In this article, we will provide you with home remedies for frequent urination. Each of the home remedies we provide you with will come with instructions on how to complete them. They are less expensive than visiting a doctor to make it stop.
You can also take a look at our home remedies for UTI for more solutions and remedies.
There are a few different exercises that you can do to support the strength of your bladder. The strength of your bladder is partially responsible for the number of times that you urinate during the day. Kegel exercises are an excellent way to tighten up the muscles of the pelvic floor. These exercises are simply contracting and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles. When you do this over time, you can get more control over your bladder. By doing these, you could experience longer periods between urination.
- Perform Kegel exercises three times a day.
- You want to do repetitions in sets of three each time you do it for best results.
2. Eat Certain Foods
Certain foods may be able to help stop frequent urination. By incorporating the right kinds of foods into your diet, you can also avoid ones that make urination worse. You should eat a lot of fiber-rich foods to start. While doing this, you should avoid eating a lot of bladder-irritating foods. The foods that irritate the bladder include:
- Baked foods
- Fermented food
- Red meat
- Spicy foods
- Tomato based dishes
- Fiber-rich foods
Eat foods rich in fiber such as:
- Brown rice
- Sweet potatoes
Try to eat as many fiber-rich foods as you can each day.
3. Boiled Spinach
Spinach is full of nutrients that can help with frequent urination. By eating boiled spinach at dinner, you can help stop yourself from urinating frequently during the night. Not only this, you can mix spinach juice and coconut water to drink daily. This will help keep spinach in your system all day long. In turn, this may assist in helping you control your urination throughout the day. Spinach can be found fresh in any grocery store’s produce section.
- Fresh spinach
- Coconut water
- Boil spinach according to your favorite recipe.
- Eat it with dinner each night.
- You can also drink spinach juice mixed with coconut water during the day
|Pure, Raw, Fresh Spinach Powder - USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, 95...||$19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|O.N.E. Pure Coconut Water, 16.9 Ounce (Pack of 12)||$24.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Vita Coco Coconut Water, Pure - Naturally Hydrating Electrolyte Drink...||from $24.99||Buy on Amazon|
4. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are helpful in terms of being a diuretic. Diuretics are able to help regulate urination with ease. Fenugreek seeds in particular have a large amount of natural chemical compounds within them that could help with urinary issues. By eating these seeds daily, you could experience an uptick in your urinary health.
- Fenugreek seed powder
- Dry ginger
- Mix fenugreek seed with dry ginger.
- Dissolve this powdered mixture into water.
- Put honey into the mixture for flavor.
- Ingest this mixture a few times a day to keep the urge for frequent urination at bay.
- You can also eat these seeds as a snack or put them into your salads.
|Naturevibe Botanicals USDA Organic Fenugreek Seed Powder (8 ounces) -...||$12.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Just Jaivik 100% Organic Fenugreek Powder- 0.5 LB/227g/08 oz- USDA...||$9.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Organic Dried GINGER for Flavoring Kombucha (10-20 Servings)||$4.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Freeze-Dried Ginger||$7.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Crockett Honey Raw and Unfiltered Arizona Desert Wildflower Honey||$19.65||Buy on Amazon|
|Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey; 16-oz. Squeeze...||$7.96||Buy on Amazon|
5. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are full of fiber, which, as we mentioned, is important for frequent urination. Not only are they full of fiber, but they contain vitamins, minerals and potent antioxidants. These can all work together to help stop your frequent urination. You can eat sesame seeds cooked in your food or eaten raw on a salad.
- Black sesame seeds
- Mix in black sesame seeds with your salad or other foods. Eat them as many times a day as you can.
- Try to wash down a handful of sesame seeds with some water before bed to keep them in your system. This may stop frequent urination at night.
|12 Ounces Natural Premium Black Sesame Seeds in Resealable Bag||$8.23||Buy on Amazon|
|Kevala Organic Black Sesame Seeds 1 Lb (TOASTED)||$12.48||Buy on Amazon|
6. Pomegranate Paste
The next time you eat a pomegranate, don’t ditch the peel. Instead, you can make a paste out of the peel and eat it to help with frequent urination. Pomegranate peel is full of antioxidants and vitamins, making it great for flushing out the system. It can lower the heat in your bladder and help with frequent urination. Pomegranate can be purchased at any grocery store in the produce section.
- Fresh pomegranate
- Peel a pomegranate and set the fruit aside.
- Mash up the peel with a bit of water.
- Eat the paste.
- You can also eat the fruit itself for added benefits as well as a tasty treat.
7. Roasted Horse Grams
Horse gram is full of calcium molybdenum, iron and polyphenols. All of these are excellent for combatting frequent urination or any bladder issues, for that matter. You can eat it in any way that you would like–raw or cooked. Find horse gram in any grocery store. If you are having trouble locating it, you can try a health food store instead.
- Horse gram
- Eat horse gram in your salads or other fresh foods.
- Swallow some horse gram down with some water a few times a day to get it in your system.
- Consume horse grams for a few days until you begin to notice you are urinating less often.
|Swad Horse Gram (Muthira, Kulith Beans) - 2 Lb Indian Groceries||$14.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Neotea Organic Black Horse Gram/Karuppu Kaanam Kollu, 500 Grams||$23.58||Buy on Amazon|
8. St. John’s Wort
St. John’s wort has a number of benefits that people enjoy it for. Among these uses is its ability to put a stop to frequent urination. You can find St. John’s wort in supplement form or in fresh form. You can take it in its pill form or make it into a tea. Check pharmacies or health food stores for this herb.
- John’s Wort supplements or fresh St. John’s Wort
- Take the St. John’s wort supplement as directed on the bottle.
- Boil water.
- Pour the hot water over the herb.
- Allow the tea to steep for 15 minutes.
- Once the tea is cool, drink it.
- You can sip on it throughout the day in order to keep enough of it in your system.
|Best Naturals St John's wort 300 mg 180 Capsules||$10.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Nature's Way St. John's Wort, 90 Capsules||$10.28||Buy on Amazon|
9. Alpinia Oxyphylla
A Chinese herb, Alpinia Oxyphylla, also known as Yi Zhi Ren, may help with frequent urination. It is part of the ginger family and is great at controlling the bladder. It is one of the most commonly used home remedies for frequent urination. You can typically find this herb in health food stores. It is best if you make a tea out of it.
- Alpinia Oxyphylla
- Boil a few cups of water.
- Put Alpinia Oxyphylla herb into a mug.
- Pour the water over the herb.
- Allow it to steep for half an hour.
- Let the tea cool.
- Once it is cool, sip on the tea.
- Try and drink at least two cups of this tea a day.
Part of the rue family, buchu is known for its cooling and drying effects. It is great at reducing inflammation in the bladder. It is also an excellent antiseptic. You can find buchu in some grocery stores. If you are having trouble locating it, try your local health food stores instead. Eating buchu is great but drinking it in a tea is even better.
- Put some water on to boil.
- Chop up the buchu into smaller pieces.
- Place some buchu in a medium-sized mug.
- Pour the hot water into the mug with the buchu.
- Allow it to steep for 20 minutes.
- Once it is cool enough, drink the tea. Do this several times a day.
|Buchu Leaf, Whole - Wildcrafted - Barosma betulina (454g = One Pound)...||$116.67||Buy on Amazon|
|Buchu Leaf (Organic) Tea||$28.30||Buy on Amazon|
Cranberry is one of the most commonly used home remedies for any sort of urinary issue. They are a natural diuretic. On top of this, they have natural antibacterial properties as well, helping to get rid of any infections.
You can get the most use out of cranberries by eating the fruit fresh. Drinking fresh, not from concentrate cranberry juice can also help you achieve the best results. Find cranberries and cranberry juice in any grocery store.
- Cranberries or cranberry juice
- Sip on cranberry juice throughout the day to keep it in your system.
- Eat cranberries on a salad or as a snack throughout the day.
12. Pumpkin Seed Extract
Pumpkin seeds are full of healthy, fatty acids. These fatty acids are excellent in improving the health of both the prostate and the bladder. Pumpkin seeds can be found year-round in any grocery store. They are inexpensive and can be prepared and eaten in a variety of different ways.
- Pumpkin seeds
- You can drink the seeds if you make pumpkin seed extract water.
- Conversely, you can make a tea by boiling water and pouring it over a mug of pumpkin seeds.
- Let it sit and steep for 20 minutes.
- After it cools, drink the pumpkin seed tea.
- Try to ingest plenty of pumpkin seeds throughout the day in some form.
|Raw Pumpkin Seed Kernels, 2 LBS by Gerbs – Top 12 Food Allergy Free...||$14.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Nut Cravings - Raw Pumpkin Seeds (1 Pound) – Raw Pepitas With No...||$9.99||Buy on Amazon|
13. Uva Ursi
A natural astringent, uva ursi is able to help reduce frequent urination issues. Not only is it a natural astringent, it is also an antiseptic as well as a diuretic. This means it can help cure urinary tract infections as well. You can find this herb at most grocery stores. Sometimes you may need to look for it in a health food store. Pregnant women should avoid using this method.
- Uva ursi
- Eat uva ursi.
- Make a tea by boiling water.
- Put one tea bag of uva ursi into a mug.
- Pour the boiling water over the ingredient.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- After it has cooled, drink this tea.
- Repeat this at least twice each day for best results.
|Alvita Organic Uva Ursi Tea Bags, 1.48 Ounce||$8.27||Buy on Amazon|
|Uva Ursi Leaf, Whole Frontier Natural Products 1 lbs Bulk||$16.25||Buy on Amazon|
14. Saw Palmetto
Saw palmetto is able to reduce the urge to urinate as frequently because of the enlargement of the prostate. It is full of anti-inflammatory properties that can help achieve this.
- Saw palmetto supplements
- Take saw palmetto supplements as directed on the bottle.
Note: Women who are in hormonal therapy, pregnant or breastfeeding should not take saw palmetto
|Saw Palmetto Supplement For Prostate Health - Extract & Berry Powder...||$16.81||Buy on Amazon|
|LES Labs Prostate Health, Natural Supplement for Prostate Support,...||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
15. Corn Silk
Corn silk is not only good for frequent urination; it may also be able to help bladder infection, irritations or acute cystitis. This herb comes from the family Poaceae and has both antibacterial and antiseptic properties. You can consume corn silk both fresh or dried depending on your preference.
- Fresh or dried corn silk
- Eat the corn silk in your meals and on your salads
Frequent urination can be a distracting problem that disrupts your day-to-day life. More than an inconvenience, it can easily become a hassle.
In this article, we have provided you with several useful home remedies for frequent urination. What home remedies do you use when you are handling this issue? We want to know. Tell us and our readers about it in the comments section below.