Gynecomastia is a condition that affects biological males. It is a condition where the breasts of the male have become enlarged. Though it is quite common, many men find this to be an embarrassing condition. It typically happens when there are too many hormones in the body when the person goes through puberty. It could affect one or both breasts. In this article, we will provide you with home remedies for gynecomastia. Each one of these home remedies will include a list of the necessary items for the remedy. Each remedy will come with step-by-step instructions on how to successfully complete it.
For more options, you can read our guide to home remedies for hormonal imbalance. These home remedies may also help with the symptoms of gynecomastia.
Turmeric is one of the best home remedies for gynecomastia. This is because turmeric is known to be able to regulate the hormones. It does this by increasing the levels of testosterone in the body. As the testosterone levels in the body get higher, the breasts will naturally get smaller. Not only this, but turmeric is able to burn fat while promoting liver health. It can be found in fresh or powdered form at any grocery store.
- Turmeric supplements
- Turmeric powder
- You can take turmeric supplements in the way your doctor directs you.
- Heat up a glass of milk. When it is warm, put in one to two teaspoons of turmeric.
- Drink it two or three times a day.
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - Get rid of the discomfort of joint pain & inflammation*, or your money back!
- REAL INGREDIENTS DELIVER REAL RESULTS: Our potent Turmeric Curcumin may help relieve joint & back pain, promote joint...
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT & ANTI-INFLAMMATORY*: Our Turmeric Formula (with BioPerine and Curcuma Longa with 95% standardized...
- Certified Organic and Easy to Use! This bright yellow powder has a warm aroma and gingery/peppery taste making it an...
- A small pinch of turmeric powder will add a nice orange-yellow hue to salad dressings. Use it to spice vegetables and...
- Healthworks Turmeric Powder is all natural, non-irradiated and certified organic. Turmeric has a known history of...
2. Cold Compress
When you are suffering from gynecomastia, you may notice that your breasts become painful and tender at times. One of the best ways to combat this symptom is to apply a cold compress. The coldness of these compresses will help by contracting the tissues. When this happens, the pain and the swelling should reduce. You can make a cold compress at home by using ice in a sandwich bag. You can also use frozen peas or buy an actual ice pack.
- Cold compress of some sort
- Thin towel
- Wrap the cold compress in a thin towel.
- Press the compress to the breasts for no longer than a minute at a time.
- Rest and then repeat until pain stops.
3. Fish Oil
Fish oil is full of omega-3 fatty acids that can help those with gynecomastia. This is because omega-3 fatty acids can help produce testosterone at a healthier level. This will raise the testosterone levels in the body while also reducing the amount of estrogen being produced. Too much estrogen is one of the reasons that these breasts can develop. You can either eat fish if you like it, or you can take supplements of fish oil.
- Fresh fish or fish oil capsules
- Take fish oil capsules as directed on the bottle or by your doctor.
- Or, you can eat fresh, cold water fish like tuna, salmon and mackerel.
- 1G FISH OIL
- 300MG OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS EPA & DHA - play an important part in numerous metabolic functions*
- ENTERIC-COATED - all of the benefits while eliminating the unpleasant fishy aftertaste
- Nature Made Fish Oil 1200 mg Softgel is guaranteed to meet our high quality standards - it is made from carefully...
- Nature Made is the #1 Pharmacist Recommended Omega-3/Fish Oil Brand*
- Purified to remove mercury
4. Passion Flower
Passion flower is another choice for those who want to boost their testosterone levels; therefore, it can be a choice for treating gynecomastia. This is because it is full of a compound called chrysin. This compound is able to stop your body from breaking down too much testosterone. It is said that this herb may be able to stop the symptoms of withdrawal from drugs or alcohol.
- Passion flower
- Pour boiling water into a large mug with passion flower in it.
- Let it sit and steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it twice a day.
- You can also talk to your doctor about taking this herb as a supplement.
5. Milk Thistle
Sometimes, the condition of gynecomastia can be caused by liver disease. If this is the case for you, then milk thistle will be a good choice for you. Silymarin is the active compound found within milk thistle. This compound has been known to help improve the condition and functionality of the liver. You can find milk thistle in most health food stores. It does not cost very much.
- Milk thistle seeds
- Crush up milk thistle seeds.
- Put one tablespoon of them into three cups of water.
- Heat the water to a boil.
- Take it off of the heat and let it sit 20 minutes.
- Strain it and then put in some honey.
- Drink it a few times a day.
- Latin/Botanical Name: Silybum marianum
- Origin: Croatia
- Certified Organic by QAI - In accordance with the USDA National Organic Program Guidelines
- Milk thistle seed is used as a liver tonic, to "support healthy liver function*" and overall well being
- Sweet goodness
- 100% US Grade A
- Quality and purity from the hive to your table.
- Nature Nate's 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey in a 16-oz. dispenser is a perfect recipe sweetener and sugar substitute;...
- Just as nature intended, Nature Nate's strained honey is gently warmed to retain existing pollen composition, acting as...
- Spread, pour, slather, douse, bake, decorate or add to recipes, acai bowls, smoothies, baked goods, glazes, herbal teas,...
Zinc is an excellent way to help treat gynecomastia. Because of this, eating more foods rich in zinc can greatly benefit your efforts. It can also help raise the levels of testosterone in the body in a natural way. Many studies have reported that a deficiency in zinc can be responsible for low levels of this hormone. And, of course, low testosterone is indeed a cause of gynecomastia. You can eat zinc-rich foods, or you can talk to your doctor about taking zinc supplements.
- Zinc in some form
- Take a zinc supplement.
- Or, eat zinc rich foods such as lobster, raisins, yogurt, chickpeas and cashews.
Exercise has been thought to help reduce gynecomastia. This is because it is able to balance your hormone levels. Not only this, but if you exercise in a certain manner, you can help build up the chest muscles and reduce body fat. By doing this, it can reduce the size of the breasts; fat is part of the condition. Exercising is up to you; you can do this in any way that is most comfortable and convenient to you. Getting the right amount of exercise can dramatically increase your results.
Perform weight lifting, cardiovascular and elliptical exercises during the day.
Flaxseed is full of omega-3 fatty acids. This can help to build up the level of testosterone. Not only this, but they have plenty of lignans. Lignans are known to be able to balance the levels of estrogen production. They even have antiestrogenic qualities. Finally, flaxseeds can get rid of a number of different toxins in the body. You can find flaxseeds in most grocery stores. They can also be found in abundance at health food stores.
- Grind up one tablespoon of flaxseeds.
- Dissolve it into a glass of hot water.
- Once it is mixed in and has cooled, drink it.
- Do this daily until you notice a change.
- 100% Natural, Gluten and Allergen Free, Kosher, no preservatives, no additives, not genetically engineered
- 8g of fiber, 6388mg Omega-3, and 360mg of lignans per serving
- Farm to Table, Product of the USA
- Brown Flax Seeds Freshly Harvested this Season & Packaged on dedicated Allergen Free equipment in Rhode Island by our...
- GERBS All-Natural Pledge = Non GMO, No Trans-fats, cooking oils, chemicals, preservatives, Nothing artificial added! The...
- Gerbs Certified Allergen Statement - Our entire product line is: Gluten, Wheat, Peanut, Tree-Nut, Soy, Egg, Milk/Dairy,...
Dandelion is known to be able to reduce gynecomastia as well. This herb is a natural diuretic. Because of this, it can help your body get rid of any extra water within it. It can also rid the body of excess estrogen and harmful toxins. It is also able to help your body break down carbs. Because of this, less fat may be stored in your system. Dandelion is often eaten on salads, and so it can be found in a lot of grocery stores.
- Dried dandelion leaves
- Pour boiling water over dried dandelion leaves in a mug.
- Let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, drink it a few times a day.
- USDA certified organic Dandelion Loose Leaf from 100% nature
- Used to support liver health, nourish bones and joints, and stimulate urinary function to promote cleansing
- Contains many health-promoting phytochemicals
- Organic/Wild Harvested
- 1oz (28g)
10. Epsom Salt Bath
Another way to get rid of excess water is through an Epsom salt bath. it is full of magnesium sulfate that is able to help your body detox, which can help to balance out your hormones as well. With more testosterone and less estrogen, you should notice a change in your condition. Epsom salt is commonly used in baths to help a number of issues; therefore, it is common to find in department stores and in pharmacies.
- Epsom salt
- Put two cups of Epsom salt into a warm bath.
- Mix it all in using your hand until it has dissolved.
- Soak in this bath for as long as 20 minutes at a time.
- Westlab Epsom Salt 1kg
- Quantity: 1
- HIGHEST PURE QUALITY (Packaged in USA): PURE UNSCENTED Epsoak Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is USP grade and GMO free...
- DISSOLVES QUICKLY/GREAT VALUE: After soaking in Epsoak Epsom Salt it becomes clear why Epsoak is the leading name in...
- RELAX MUSCLES & IMPROVE SKIN: Known for its amazing therapeutic qualities, an epsom salt bath can help to relieve muscle...
11. Red Clover
Red clover is a great herb for helping with sculpting muscle. This can be applied to sculpting the chest area, which can help get rid of the gynecomastia. This is because it has an ability to reduce the levels of estrogen in the body as well. Estrogen, as we’ve learned, can contribute to this condition if there is too much of it in the body. Find red clover in most health food stores and make a tea out of it.
- Red clover
- Put some red clover into a mug.
- Pour some boiling water into the mug to fill it up.
- Let it steep and then strain it.
- Once it cools, drink it.
- Botanical Name: Trifolium pratense
- Origin: Croatia
- USDA Certified Organic
12. Sea Food
Fish is an important method of getting rid of gynecomastia. That said, it is not the only sort of aquatic life-based foods that can do this for you. Other sea food is full of not only omega-3 fatty acids, but zinc as well. Zinc is crucial for reducing any enlarged breasts. It can help to get more testosterone in the body. Things such as oysters and lobster are going to be your best bet.
- Sea food
- Find the seafood full of omega-3 fatty acids and zinc that you like the most.
- Try to incorporate them into your meals once or twice a week.
- Consider a supplement as well.
13. Tribulus Terrestris
Tribulus Terrestris is an herb that helps to produce testosterone. It does not necessarily produce it itself; instead, it can increase the hormone that triggers the production of testosterone. It is vital in helping to prevent your body from producing this testosterone as regularly as possible. This herb will most commonly be found in pharmacies and in health food stores. You can make a tea out of it.
- Tribulus terrestris
- Boil a cup of water on the stove.
- Put some of this herb into the mug.
- Dump the hot water onto the herb.
- Let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain out the water.
- Sip on the tea once it has cooled down.
- Tribulus Terrestris Fruit Tea (25 tea bags, ZIN: 510660): Tribulus Terrestris is an herb grown in Africa, India, and...
- Latin/Botanical Name: Tribulus terrestris
- Origin: China
- USDA Certified Organic
14. Ginger Root Tea
Ginger is used for a variety of different purposes and is usually a go-to choice for treatments of all kinds. It can also help with gynecomastia. This is because ginger is able to increase the metabolism. One of the issues with gynecomastia is that your breasts become fatty. This can help reduce that fat. Fresh ginger can be found in the produce section of a grocery store.
- Slice up some ginger & put in a mug.
- Pour boiling water over the ginger in the mug.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Sip it all day once it cools down.
- Repeat this for a few weeks for best results.+
- Fresh Ginger Root
- Ginger can be sliced into planks or matchsticks, chopped, grated, puréed, and minced
- Buy only Country Creek Brand, Don't buy Chinese Counterfits that take months to arrive and will not be fresh.
- 2 lbs. Fresh Ginger Root
- Fresh ginger is a staple in my kitchen. It is an extremely versatile ingredient.
- Ginger can be sliced into planks or matchsticks, chopped, grated, puréed, and minced,
Sarsaparilla is able to enhance the muscles of the body. This is true all over. That makes it excellent for the chest muscles. It is full of sterol which is something that athletes enjoy using when they are body building. It can strengthen the chest muscles and is easy to take. You can find Sarsaparilla in most health food stores.
- Put boiling water and Sarsaparilla into a mug.
- Let it steep and then cool.
- Strain it and then drink it.
- Also known as Sassafras Albidum and Cinnamon Wood
- Delicate and nice aroma
- Sassafras Root Bark has been used for centuries
- VERY FRESH & DELICIOUS - We run a small boutique spice shop and get product from farm to consumer very directly. The big...
- 100% PURE, 100% SATISFACTION - All Burma Spice brand spices come with a 100% money back guarantee. Give us a try. You'll...
- PERFECT FOR BREWING TEA AND KOMBUCHA - The pungent taste and intense aroma of our Sassafras Bark makes it ideal for...
Many men want to get rid of what they consider to be this embarrassing condition. In this article, we have offered home remedies for gynecomastia. Do you use a remedy that we did not mention here? Tell us all about it below.