A hormonal balance is when a person’s hormones are not in check or in sync. In women, this typically lends itself to issues such as irregular periods. If your hormones are not balanced, a number of other symptoms could occur as well. Hormones serve a variety of different functions, coming from places such as the, adrenal glands, hypothalamus, ovaries, pancreas, pituitary gland, thyroid gland. In this article, we will provide you with home remedies for hormonal imbalance. Each one of these home remedies will come with instructions on how to use them. These home remedies for hormonal imbalance are cost effective and simple to use.
Please exercise caution before taking any of the home remedies for hormonal imbalance listed here. Consult with your medic before taking these remedies.
1. Add Healthy Fats
Healthy fats are important to get your body to produce the right number of hormones. By getting more healthy fats into your diet, you can help regulate the hormones and increase metabolism. While doing this, you can also reduce inflammation. All you need to do is eat more foods that are rich in healthy fats. You can find these kinds of foods at any grocery store.
- Foods rich in healthy fats, including:
- Chia seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grass fed beef
- Whole eggs
- Wild caught salmon
Try to eat and/or cook with these ingredients as often as possible. You could also look into what sort of supplements you could take.
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Rich source of protein, antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and...
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: An ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free...
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT: Add a healthful gourmet flair to salads, snacks, soups, and baked goods, or soak them for a...
- Six (6) 4.12 Ounce bag - Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate Squares, Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao
- Ghirardelli Intense Dark chocolates deliver luxuriously deep and velvety chocolate blended with sophisticated...
- These individually wrapped chocolates are perfect as an individual indulgence, to share with friends and family, or to...
- AROMATIC BOUQUET: Zoe's Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a sensuous balance of delicate fruit & luscious butter with an...
- SPANISH FLAVOR: Cold-pressed from Spanish Cornicabra olives, Zoe's Extra Virgin Olive Oil is blended with other Spanish...
- THE PERFECT INGREDIENT: A natural partner of balsamic vinegar on caprese salads, delicious drizzle on flatbread pizzas...
- Irresistible mix of delicious nuts
- Lightly salted with sea salt
- Resealable canister keeps the nuts fresh
- DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS - Wild Planet Wild Pink Salmon offers high quality nutrition and a fresh-from-the-sea flavor....
- WILD ALASKAN SALMON - Sustainably caught in the icy waters of Alaska by local fishing families who rely on "free school"...
- NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSE - With 340mg of EPA and DHA Omega 3 per 2oz serving, our pink salmon supports a healthy lifestyle...
2. Limit Alcohol & Caffeine Intake
Try to drink less alcohol and less caffeine. When you have too much caffeine it can get your system worked up, much like a lack of sleep does. This is similar to what a hormonal imbalance will do.
Too much alcohol can also make estrogen the dominant hormone being produced. It can also slow down the functioning of the pancreas. Finally, when you drink too much alcohol, it can lower the levels of testosterone in the body.
All of these in combination make for a total change in your hormonal balance.
Cut back slowly on alcohol and/or caffeine.
3. Balance Between Omega-3 & Omega-6
It has been shown that there is an overabundance of Omega-6 fatty acids in an average person’s diet. This compound comes from foods such as eggs, poultry, cereal, hemp oil, whole grain bread, nuts and vegetable oil. In order to balance this out, a person needs more omega-3 acids.
There are a number of foods you can eat to balance this out. You could also take more supplements in order to balance it out if these foods are hard to come by.
- Omega-3 rich foods such as:
- Chia seeds
- Cod liver oil
- Egg yolk
- Flax seeds
Try to incorporate these foods into your daily diet as often as possible. You can also take supplements to get the right amount.
- Benefits nd brain nd support nd nervous systems.
- From nd sustainability of our products.
- Wild only nd dairy-free.
- One 24 oz. bag of Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Flaxseed
- Rich in Omega-3 ALA fatty acids
- 3g of dietary fiber per serving
- Rich in omega 3
- Chicken of the Sea is now proud to offer MSC certified products. It's the next step in our deep commitment to ocean...
- High in protein and rich in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon delivers the nutrients to help protect joints, improve vision...
4. Add Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamins and minerals are imperative to a body’s ability to function well, and this is also true of hormone levels. There are certain vitamins that women especially need in order to balance their hormone levels. These can sometimes be hard to come by in daily life.
There are certain foods you can incorporate into your diet in order to get more of the vitamins. You can try to eat more of these foods each day or you can take supplements to help you out.
- Vitamins B6, D and zinc and magnesium
Eat foods such as:
- Whole grains
Try to eat these foods as often as you can every day. You can also take supplements as needed.
5. Ginkgo Biloba
Gingko biloba is an herb that is considered phytoestrogen. It can also help to increase your cognitive abilities. This herb is especially useful then for women who are suffering from poor memory while menstruating or going through menopause. You can help regulate progesterone, estrogen and testosterone using gingko biloba.
Find this herb in some grocery stores for an inexpensive price. If you are having issues, you can instead get this herb at a health food store.
- Gingko biloba
- Boil water on the stove.
- Fill a mug with the water.
- Add in gingko biloba.
- Let it steep for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Once it has cooled, drink the tea.
- Do this at least twice every day.
- 1 oz bag
- Excellent for Incense Blends
- Organic and Wild Harvested Herbs
- Latin/Botanical Name: Ginkgo biloba
- Origin: China
- USDA Certified Organic
6. Black Cohosh
Black Cohosh is one of the most commonly used home remedies for hormonal imbalance. It has been used for many years to balance hormones. It is also especially useful for those who suffer the symptoms of menopause. This herb is able to behave in the same way that estrogen does. By doing this, it can help regulate the reproductive organs.
Finally, Black Cohosh acts as an anti-inflammatory. This can reduce the inflammation that is often seen with hormonal imbalances.
- Black Cohosh root
You can make a tea by doing the following:
- Boil a few cups of water on the stove.
- Put Black Cohosh root into a mug.
- Pour the hot water over the root.
- Allow it to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Drink it once a day after it has cooled.
- Black Cohosh root c/s
- Premium Loose Root Cut from 100% nature
- Known to relieve menopausal symptoms
- Boosts immune system and promotes women's health
7. Chasteberry Powder
Chasteberry is also called vitex. It is an herb that is great at reducing the symptoms of both menopause and PMS. For those who are menstruating, it can help reduce the fibroids, which makes a good home remedy for fibroids as well. It may also be able to treat amenorrhea and endometriosis while increasing lactaction. Finally, it could clear up your acne and help boost your fertility.
It does this by creating a nice balance of estrogen and progesterone. You can find this herb in most health food stores.
- Chasteberry powder
- Boil some water.
- In a mug, place a few pieces of Chasteberry.
- Pour the boiling water into the mug with the Chasteberry.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Sip on the tea throughout the day.
- Premium Quality Chasteberry ( Chaste berry) seeds powder
- JUST HERBS: Chasteberries we offer you do not contain any form of color, flavorings and preservatives. They are...
- HIGH QYALITY: Our Chaste Tree Berries are free of GMO. We make use of wild-crafted botanicals as often times as...
- Botanical Name: Vitex agnus castus
- USDA Certified Organic, Origin: Croatia
- Certified Kosher, non irradiated
Ashwagandha is a commonly used root herb for hormonal imbalance. Not only is it good for this, it is said to be good with cognition, sleep and sexual arousal. This herb’s sleeping powers help you to naturally recover your hormonal balance through rest. Not only this, but it can help with the anxiety, hot flashes and depression that often come with menopause and sometimes menstruation.
Find Ashwagandha in most health food stores.
- Ashwagandha powder
- On the stove, boil a few cups of water.
- Put some Ashwagandha into a large mug.
- Pour the water into the mug.
- Allow it to steep for 20 minutes.
- Drain the tea out.
- Drink the tea each day until you feel better.
- Certified Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder. 100% Pure and Natural. OPTIMAL FOR SIMPLE SUPPLEMENTATION - Raw and Original....
- Natural Stress, Brain, Energy and Memory Support. A TRULY NATURAL SOLUTION. Organic Aura Ashwagandha powder is truly all...
- MADE IN THE USA - GMP and FDA certified facility. QUALITY YOU CAN COUNT ON We only manufacture our products in the USA...
- 100% Pure, Raw and Fresh. Natural Powerful Adaptogenic. High Potency Raw Super Food Supplement. Very Nicely Powdered,...
- A Famous Traditional Rejuvenating Tonic Herb. Sharpens Mental Processes, Supports Healthy Back and Joints, Helps...
- Promotes Restful Sleep. Increases Energy and Vitality. Promotes Energy, Rejuvenates Body and Mind. Strengthens the...
A non-phytoestrogenic herb, Rhodiola is able to work on your brain and change the production of estrogen. It is also able to have a bit of an effect on your pituitary gland, which is responsible for all other glands. This Rhodiola herb is able to help reduce stress, burn belly fat and lower cortisol.
It is also able to help give you greater energy levels, improve your memory and focus, and finally help fight mood disorders. You can take the Rhodiola in supplement form or make it into a tea.
- Rhodiola powder
- Put the Rhodiola into a mug.
- Boil some water.
- Pour the water over the Rhodiola in the mug.
- Steep and strain it.
- Drink it each day.
- 3% salidroside
- Energy & athletic endurance
- Improves mood
- USDA Organic Rhodiola Rosea Extract Powder. Non-GMO and Vegan Friendly.
- Strongly Supports Endurance, Mood, Stress Relief, Brain Health and Antioxidant.
- No GMOs, No Additives, No Preservatives, No Artificial Colors, No Flavors, No Soy, No Fillers and Gluten-Free.
Macafem has a number of different alkaloids that can help the hormonal balance in your body. It has been used for thousands of years for its amino acids, vitamins and minerals. The nutrients in the Macafem can help to improve your endocrine system. Because of this, it can also help to regulate your hormones.
Though it is cheap to buy, you might not find it at a grocery store. Instead, you should check your health food store.
- Macafem powder
- Crush up Macafem into a fine powder.
- Allow it to dry.
- You can mix the Macafem powder with a glass of water and drink it
- You could also start cooking with Macafem being a primary ingredient.
11. Clary sage
Clary sage is able to balance out the levels of estrogen in the body. This is because it has natural phytoestrogens in the body. It is able to regulate your menstrual cycle. Not only this, it can treat PCOS and infertility. It can also relieve the symptoms of PMS with ease. This sage might even be able to help stop emotional imbalance while preventing uterine cancer.
- Clary sage essential oil
- Coconut oil
- Massage five drops of clary sage oil into five drops of coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture onto the stomach area. You can also massage it into any area giving your trouble.
- Premium quality clary sage oil; packaged in the USA
- Clary sage oil is a mixture of isolated compounds
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Other than aromatherapy, dilute with a carrier oil. Keep out of the reach of...
- Salvia Sclarea - Refreshingly herbaceous and heavy nutty scent. Best known for its relaxation properties and antidote...
- Commonly used for its euphoric action in treating severe anxiety.
- Effective sedative for painful cramps and to promote oestrogen secretion.
- GIVE BACK - Your purchase will help feed 250 kids three days a week through our Carrington Cares program. These...
- AMAZING QUALITY - Carrington Farms 54 oz. (ounce) organic, unrefined, cold pressed, gluten free, virgin coconut oil...
- INCREDIBLY VERSATILE - Our coconuts are from the perfect growing climate and produce an oil with a light, clean taste...
- PURE Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Made Especially for Beauty. Thicker, Fuller Hair & Supple, Radiant Skin
- 5 STARS: "Highest grade, most pure, best tasting coconut oil for skin I have purchased" -Jennifer H
- DON'T use cooking grade coconut oils , This pure extra virgin organic coconut oil won't clog pores and has all essential...
Lavender is calming. It helps encourage a more balanced emotional body because of it. Lavender is known to be able to treat symptoms of anxiety, moodiness, depression and stress. This herb is also known to be able to promote restful sleep. When you get enough sleep, you can help balance your hormones overnight. Lavender can be found in any health food store. You can use essential oils or fresh lavender.
- Lavender leaves or lavender essential oils
- Put a few drops of lavender essential oils into your bath.
- Boil water and pour it into a mug.
- Fill the mug with fresh lavender.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and then drink it before bed.
- 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE OIL - Permeate your home with the fresh, floral fragrance of pure lavandula angustifolia!...
- ALL-NATURAL FABRIC FRESHENER - Why bring toxic fabric softeners into your home? Use our lavendar oil for a soft, subtle...
- RELIEVE STRESS & INDUCE RELAXATION - Enjoy the light, clean and calming scent of pure lavender with our ultra-pure...
- From nature for you
- Wherever you may be on your journey to a healthy natural lifestyle, we embrace and encourage your exploration of...
- Do it for yourself, c'mon try some oil. Just for you
Fennel can help alleviate issues you are having with the health of your gut. Issues like this are known to cause hormonal imbalances. Issues like this can also cause autoimmune reactions such as thyroid disorders. You can use fennel essential oil to get the job done. You could also make fennel tea.
- Fennel essential oil or fresh fennel
- Put two drops of fennel essential oils into a glass of water and drink it each day.
- You could also put fennel seeds into a mug and then pour boiling water into the mug.
- Let the fennel sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Drink this tea a minimum of two times a day for best results.
- 100% PURE FENNEL (SWEET) ESSENTIAL OIL: Steam distilled from the seeds of the Fennel plant to produce a high-quality...
- RELIEVE MENSTRUAL DISCOMFORT: Mix 2 drops of Fennel with 2 drops of Carrot Seed with a Tablespoon of your favorite Plant...
- EASE YOUR WORRIES: Diffuse two drops of both Fennel (Sweet) and Rosemary in your favorite aromatherapy diffuser,...
14. Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood is able to reduce stress, increase your libido and promote relaxation. Because it is calming, it can help reduce your stress entirely. Stress is a large part of hormonal imbalances, so you can stop it at its source.
- Sandalwood essential oils
Inhale sandalwood essential oils directly as aromatherapy.
- TOP-QUALITY / THERAPEUTIC GRADE: Our all natural Sandalwood Essential Oil is harvested from the heartwood of the...
- OUTSTANDING SCENT: Open the bottle and you'll be greeted by a sweet, aromatic scent unmatched by other sandalwood oils....
- 100% PURE: Unlike other brands, Avíanō Botanicals does not blend or combine their oils with any other lower quality...
- SANTALUM ALBUM EXTRACT: SenseLAB sandalwood essential oil contains premium quality, all-natural ingredients from India,...
- THERAPEUTIC GRADE OIL: Sandalwood essential oil has been widely used as an aromatherapy agent. Its main component is...
- MIND AND MEMORY BOOSTER: It improves memory and stimulates your concentration power. It also keeps the brain cool and...
Thyme is able to improve the production levels of progesterone. For this reason, it can help relieve issues or symptoms such as:
- Hair loss
- Thyme oil
- Put two drops of thyme oil into a warm bath and soak in it.
- Body Wonders 100 % Pure Thyme 4 Fl Oz
- GET 15 TIMES MORE RESULTS THAN WITH STANDARD NON-PURE OILS - With superior sourced and harvested ingredients and no...
- SUN ESSENTIAL PROVIDES THE PUREST OILS - Exactly what nature intended, no added chemicals. You have never smelled an...
- IMPROVE YOUR MOOD AND ENERGY LEVELS - Fatigue and irritability are often a result of many factors that are difficult to...
Hormonal imbalances can lead to a number of issues with your health. In this article, we have provided you with several home remedies for hormonal imbalance. What do you do to regulate your hormones? Tell us in the comments section below.