Irregular periods are something that can be seriously inconveniencing for those who experience them. Being able to keep track of your cycle helps you plan things such as parenthood. Irregular periods can stem from a number of different things. The most common among these include stress, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome and more. If you suffer from irregular periods, we are here to help.
Natural Method Against Irregular Periods
In this article, we will provide you with home remedies for irregular periods. These home remedies for irregular periods will come with instructions and ingredient lists to help you. Each one provides an inexpensive way that may help you get back on schedule.
Irregular periods are often caused by hormonal imbalances. If you suspect that is the issue, try some home remedies for hormonal imbalance together with these home remedies for irregular periods.
1. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are full of phytoestrogens, which can help promote hormonal balance. Not only this, but they possess a compound called emmenagogue that can help regulate a menstrual cycle. Alongside this, fennel seeds also have natural antispasmodics. This can help to alleviate the cramps you get when you do menstruate. You can find fennel seeds in almost any grocery store. If you are having trouble finding them there, try a health food store.
- Fennel seeds
- Boil a cup of water.
- Put fennel seeds into a mug.
- Add the water to the mug.
- Let the fennel seeds steep in the mug.
- Once it has cooled, drink the tea.
- Drink this tea once a day for best results.
Ginger is great at regulating menstrual cycles. It contains compounds that are able to balance out the hormones where it counts. Ginger may also be able to deal with periods that are usually delayed but not necessarily irregular. You can find ginger in any grocery store in the produce aisle. If you would like, you can slice the ginger and eat it on salads or make a tea out of it.
- Peel and then grate some ginger into a mug.
- Boil some water.
- Pour the water over the fresh ginger.
- Let the tea steep for 15 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, drink the tea. Repeat this once a day.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another great hormone regulator. It is able to help target the hormones that are responsible for menstruation. By getting these hormones in check, you can enjoy more regular periods. It is best if you get a fresh aloe vera plant for this home remedy; this is because if you get a gel, there is a chance other unsafe-for-consumption compounds will be inside. Find aloe vera plants almost anywhere that plants are sold.
- Aloe vera leaf
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf.
- Extract the fresh gel.
- Blend in some honey for taste.
- Each day before breakfast, eat a spoonful or two of the mixture for best results. Do this for three months.
Cinnamon is great at warming the body, which helps with reducing painful menstrual cramps. Not only this, but it is able to help boost the hormonal production needed for regular periods against bacteria. Finally, the hydroxychalcone is able to regulate the insulin in the body to promote more regular menstruation. You can find cinnamon in fresh or ground form. It will be easier and more convenient to get pre-ground powder for this home remedy.
- Powdered cinnamon
- Heat a cup or two of milk up on the stove.
- Let it cool to a warm, drinkable temperature.
- Put half of a teaspoon of cinnamon into the milk.
- Drink this every day for a few months.
Turmeric is full of a compound called curcumin. Curcumin is one of the most powerful natural anti-inflammatories that you can find. It is able to also warm the body, which can help reduce period pains. Not only this, but it is full of antispasmodic and antioxidant compounds. Turmeric can restore the body’s natural balance to help promote more regular periods. You can get turmeric fresh or in powdered form; the latter will be easier for this home remedy.
- Warm up a cup of milk.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of turmeric to the milk.
- Mix it up well.
- When it is cool enough to drink, do so.
- Do this each day.
6. Fruits and Vegetable Juices
There are a variety of fruit and vegetable juices that can help regulate your period. Among the most potent of these juices are grape and tomato. These are full of necessary vitamins and minerals to help your hormonal balance and promote regular periods. You can find tomato and grape juice premade in a store. Look for all-natural varieties of this in order to achieve the best results for your vagina.
- Try to drink this juice each day on an empty stomach before breakfast.
- Since they are both equally as powerful, alternative drinking grape juice one day and tomato juice the next.
- Repeat this until periods are regulated.
7. Unripe Papaya
Unripe papaya is full of compounds that are helpful in regulating your hormones. This is because it is able to contract the muscle fibers in your uterus. This way, your period can be triggered on a regular basis. Not only this but when you are menstruating, it can help reduce those muscle spasms that cause the painful cramps. Look for an unripe papaya in the fruit section of the produce aisle in any local grocery store.
- Unripe papaya
- Slice up an unripe papaya.
- Eat it plain or put it in a fruit salad.
- You can also juice the unripe papaya and drink down the benefits instead.
8. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
When you combine both sesame seeds and jaggery, a natural, healthier sugar, you can help regulate your menstrual cycle. This is because these seeds have been shown to help balance the hormones that are related to your menstrual cycle. Sesame seeds contain lignans that can help limit the production of excessive hormones in your private part. There are also essential fatty acids that are able to produce just the right number of hormones in the body.
- Sesame seeds
- Jaggery, in powder form
- Grind up dry sesame seeds.
- Mix them in with a teaspoon of jaggery.
- Once a fine powder is made, consume a teaspoon of the mixture each day while your stomach is empty.
- Do this two weeks before your period is supposed to start.
- Repeat this for a few months.
Mint is a soothing herb that can help regulate your periods. It is full of anti-inflammatories that are able to reduce the swelling of the uterus. You can find fresh mint leaves in almost any grocery store’s produce aisle. If you are having difficulties, then you can look elsewhere, such as a health food store. Enjoy mint as a tea or put it on your food.
- Mint leaves
- Boil a few cups of water on the stove.
- Drop in some mint leaves into a mug.
- Pour the hot water onto the mint leaves.
- Allow them to steep for 15 minutes.
- Let the tea cool.
- Strain the liquid and then drink it each day.
10. Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds are full of a compound called emmenagogue. This compound is known to help create the necessary hormones in the body that will allow your menstruation to become more regular. Coriander seeds provide different benefits from the leaves of coriander alone; for this reason, you must use the seeds. If you cannot find these seeds in a grocery store, try looking in a health food store. Creating a tea is best.
- Coriander seeds
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Drop in some coriander seeds and boil them in the water.
- Let the water reduce itself to half of its original amount.
- Strain the seeds out.
- Drink this three times a day once it is cool enough to do so.
11. Carrot Juice
Carrot juice is full of iron, which is good at keeping your periods regulated. You can get the natural iron from carrots by drinking their fresh juice. It is important that you juice your own carrots for best results; store-bought carrot juice may not be as effective. This is because it often comes with artificial compounds and it is not as potent. You can find carrots in your grocery store for a reasonable price.
- Fresh carrots
- Juice up to three carrots.
- Put it in the fridge to let it cool. This makes it more palatable.
- Drink the carrot juice on an empty stomach. It is best to repeat this remedy every day.
12. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is able to help with the production of estrogen which is able to promote regular periods. It can also build up the uterine lining, which can make periods more regular as well as less painful. Vitamin C can be found in a variety of different foods. You can also take vitamin C supplements if you would rather get a more direct dosage. Eat foods such as citrus fruits and certain vegetables.
- Vitamin C supplements
- Take vitamin C supplements as directed on the bottle.
- You could also consult with your doctor about how much of the supplement to take.
- Vitamin C-rich foods
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C such as:
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another one of the most powerful home remedies for irregular periods. This is because it is able to reduce the levels of sugar in the blood. It can also regulate the production of insulin. Both of these can work together to help regulate your menstrual cycle. Apple cider vinegar is a common kind of vinegar; it is most likely already in your home. For this reason, it is a virtually free home remedy. If you do not already have it, you can buy it cheaply at the grocery store.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Pour a glass of water.
- Put two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into the water.
- Drink this on an empty stomach once a day.
Bamboo tea is effective at regulating periods. It is full of a number of compounds that can regulate the hormones that are responsible for your periods. By ingesting bamboo, you can introduce these compounds into your body regularly to induce regular menstruation.
- Bamboo tea
- Boil a few cups of water.
- Put a few bags of bamboo tea into a large mug.
- Pour the boiling water over the tea bags in the mug.
- Allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Once it has cooled, drink the tea.
- Repeat this process each day.
Calendula, also known as garden marigold, is one of the most commonly used home remedies for irregular periods. It is full of quercetin as well as flavonoids. Both of these are able to impact the circulation of your blood to help periods come on regularly.
- Put two grams of the flower into boiling water.
- Steep and then strain it.
- Consume this mixture twice each day.
Take Remedies for Irregular Periods
Irregular periods are annoying and can inhibit your daily life. In this article, we have offered you home remedies for irregular periods. What do you do to keep yourself on schedule? Tell us about it in the comments below.