Leg scars appear for a number of different reasons. These include burns, cuts, acne, bug bites, surgeries and more. Scars on your legs are something that may dim your confidence. You may not feel good about wearing shorts, skirts or short dresses. In the summer, that definitely poses a problem. In this article, we will provide you with natural home remedies for leg scars. Each one of these home remedies will come with a guide on how to complete them. These home remedies for leg scars are designed to be less expensive and perhaps more effective than OTC creams.
1. Extract Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is one of the most commonly used herbs for healing issues with the skin. It can soothe inflammation and calm irritation. It is also great at reducing the appearance of leg scars. Aloe vera is also commonly used as a home remedy for acne scars. This is because it is able to regenerate your skin and help to decrease the size of your scars. Aloe vera can be found in bottled or fresh form in most stores. It is inexpensive to buy.
- Aloe vera leaves
- Cut an aloe vera leaf in half.
- Crush it up in order to get its gel.
- Apply the gel right onto the scars. Massage them into the skin.
- Allow it to dry off.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this for a few months until you notice a difference.
- Fairview Orchards 100% Certified Organic Fresh Aloe Vera Leaves
- Harvested and hand packed on our farm within 24 hours of shipping
- USDA Certified Organic - Grown in California
- Three pounds of certified organic aloe vera leaves.
- Aloe vera leaves are harvested and prepared/drained of aloin correctly before shipping.
Lemon is one of the best natural home remedies for leg scars. This is because lemon is full of AHA, or alpha hydroxy acids. AHA is great at removing dead skin. It is also good for reducing damaged skin and regenerating new skin. Furthermore, while reducing damaged skin, it can also help add elasticity to it. Finally, it is able to lighten up scarred skin.
- Lemon juice
- Cotton balls
- Wash off the scarred skin and the area that surrounds it.
- Dip a ball of cotton into a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Let it soak it up the juice.
- Apply the cotton ball to the scars.
- Allow it to rest for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
Fenugreek is full of antioxidants. Antioxidants are great at getting rid of dull, dark patches of skin. Studies have shown that it is an excellent scar removal agent for this reason. It is best if you make a paste out of fenugreek and then apply it to the scar directly. You can find fenugreek in most grocery stores. If you have trouble finding it there, check out your local health food stores.
- Fenugreek seeds
- Mix up some ground up fenugreek seeds into some water.
- Stir it well in order to make a paste.
- Apply it to the scar after you have cleaned the skin.
- Allow it to sit and dry. Rinse after half an hour.
- Premium Quality Spice with Latin/Botanical Name: Trigonella foenum graecum has many benefits.
- Fenugreek Seeds helps milk secretion in the nursing mothers.
- Originated from India Whole Fenugreek Seeds are very powerful in flavor ranging from bitter to sharp similar to sweet...
- This phenomenal spice is featured by Dr. Oz for its health benefits!
- You'll LOVE our Fenugreek Seeds by Rani Brand--Here's Why: Packed in the USA, 100% Natural, No preservatives or...
- Packed in a no barrier Plastic Jar, let us tell you how important that is when using high quality Indian Spices!
4. Raw Honey
Honey is great for a variety of different ailments. This is because it is full of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is great at reducing scars as well as helping to regenerate the damaged skin. Honey is able to moisturize the skin which fades the color of the scars. It is also able to stop excess collagen from forming.
- Raw honey
- Clean cloth
- Clean the area with the scarring thoroughly.
- Put raw honey onto a clean cloth.
- Apply it to the scar.
- Massage it into your skin for around 10 minutes.
- Allow it to sit for one hour.
- Rinse it off after the hour has passed.
- Do this twice a day for a few weeks.
- Raw & Unfiltered
- Primary Nectar Sources - Alfalfa, Sweet Clover, and Wildflower
- Produced in North Dakota
- Certified Organic, Gluten Free, US Grade A, OU Kosher certified and reliably produced without the use of herbicides,...
- Responsibly sourced, thoroughly tested and minimally processed, Nature Nate's organic honey impeccably complements...
- Unlike overly manufactured pasteurized substitutes, raw unfiltered honey contains a greater variety of organic...
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is full of acids that are able to exfoliate the skin and get rid of scars. This can help get the natural color and appearance back in your skin soon. Not only this, but it can improve the pH level of your skin which helps its texture. Finally, it is able to lighten the scar by improving skin cell growth. Apple cider vinegar is likely already in your cupboard. If it is not, then you can find it in your grocery store for an inexpensive price.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cotton ball
- Soak a cotton ball in the vinegar.
- Place the vinegar over the scar.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the spot with water.
- Product of United States of America
- Made from Small-batches
- BPA - FREE Container
- NON GMO Project Verified
6. Baking Soda Paste
Baking soda is another great way to balance the pH of the skin. This can encourage healthy skin regeneration and help reduce the appearance of scars. The anti-inflammatory properties of baking soda also help reduce the scarring. Baking soda is a common household item. Even so, if you cannot find it in your home, it is inexpensive to buy in a grocery store.
- Baking soda
- Mix five teaspoons of baking soda into a single tablespoon of water.
- Stir it up completely in order to make a paste.
- Put this paste on your scars and allow it to dry.
- After completely dry, rinse off the baking soda with cool water.
- Do this several times a week.
- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda brings you safe, gentle options for cleaning, beauty care, and beyond
- Safe, gentle way to clean and deodorize all around your home without harsh chemicals
- Countless uses for bathroom, laundry, carpets and floors, kitchen, general household, and garage
7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another universally useful home remedy. It is good for scar removal because it is able to nourish the skin and help it to heal. It is able to lighten up the skin as well. This oil is full of regenerative properties that allow you to enjoy healthier skin and quicker regeneration of the cells. There is lauric acid as well as vitamin E, which can help the skin heal.
- Coconut oil
- Wash your hands and wash the scarred area.
- Rub a bit of coconut oil in between your palms.
- Rub it into the scarred area.
- Massage it for five minutes.
- Allow it to sit and dry.
- Rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- 100% ORGANIC COLD-PRESSED UNREFINED VIRGIN COCONUT OIL - Non-GMO and naturally made, organically grown coconuts are cold...
- SPREAD MIX OR MELT IT - Coconut oil is a strong foundation to any lifestyle and is one of the most versatile and...
- THE ULTIMATE SKINCARE SUPPLEMENT - Coconut oil has a variety of uses as a skin or body supplement. Apply it as a face...
- 100% Natural and Organic: USDA certificated cold pressed and unrefined coconut oil, extra virgin quality, aromatic...
- Sri Lanka Produce the Best Coconut: Old-fashioned, non-crossbred coconut trees planted in nutrient-rich coastal soil...
- The Choice of Health-Conscious lifestyles: Coconut oil is a healthy alternative to other cooking oils, high content of...
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is full of moisturizing agents that are able to heal the skin. This agent is able to get deep inside the layers of the skin in order to get rid of germs. It is also able to bring your skin greater elasticity. It is great at treating scar tissue for all of these reasons. Additionally, it is full of vitamin E which can smooth and soften out the skin as well.
- Pure cocoa butter
- Washcloth and towel
- Wet a washcloth and run it over the scarred skin.
- Dry it off with a clean towel.
- Put a spoonful of cocoa butter on the scarred area.
- Massage it into the skin in a circular motion.
- Do this until you see results.
- FOR SKIN THAT FEELS VELVETY, SMOOTH & SOFT: Sky Organics Premium Cocoa Butter is used to heal and moisturize skin that...
- FOR A YOUTHFUL ELASTIC SKIN COMPLEXION: Our Organic Unrefined Cocoa Butter can improve skin tone and elasticity,...
- NOTHING COULD BE MORE NATURAL & HEALTHY than Sky Organics Unrefined Cocoa Butter. Produced upon the highest quality...
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC IN USA, EUROPE AND ASIA: Vegan, non-GMO, kosher, gluten-free, dairy-free, soya-free, raw. Highest...
- A FOUNTAIN OF ANTIOXIDANTS AND GOOD FATS: Rich in magnesium and contains only natural good fat like those in avocado,...
- HEALTHIER BAKING INGREDIENT: Substitute your regular butter with pure, unrefined raw cacao butter and you will...
9. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is another effective home remedy for scars. It is full of compounds that are able to help heal keloid scarring especially. Still, its healing compounds are able to target any kind of scar and regenerate it with ease. It is able to help the skin grow more healthily while fading the color of the scar at the same time. You can find lavender oil in most department stores and in health stores.
- Lavender oil
- Clean off the skin with the scar tissue.
- Put a few drops of lavender oil onto your scars.
- Rub it into your skin in a circular motion.
- Let it get deep into the skin for 15 minutes and then rinse it.
- 100% PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE OIL - Permeate your home with the fresh, floral fragrance of pure lavandula angustifolia!...
- ALL-NATURAL FABRIC FRESHENER - Why bring toxic fabric softeners into your home? Use our lavendar oil for a soft, subtle...
- RELIEVE STRESS & INDUCE RELAXATION - Enjoy the light, clean and calming scent of pure lavender with our ultra-pure...
- GOLD QUALITY- All we care about is your satisfaction, and there is no better way to achieve that than providing the...
- COMPLETELY SAFE- Our Lavender Oil has no chemicals or harmful additives. It's 100% pure therapeutic grade. It is also...
- MULTIPLE HEALTH BENEFITS-Lavender is well known as one of the best and most beneficial essential oils available in...
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil is great for scars that are more stubborn than others. It is able to soak down into the different layers of your skin in order to allow it to heal more quickly. It can also help lighten the dark spots of the scars in order to help your skin look more even. Not only this, but olive oil is a potent moisturizing and hydrating compound. This will leave your skin looking and feeling soft and healthy.
- Olive oil
- Clean off the area on your legs with scar tissue.
- Put a few drops of olive oil onto your skin.
- Rub it in with your fingers for five minutes.
- Imported from Italy. Cold production obtained exclusively from olives harvested from the finest groves in Europe....
- First cold press. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the quintessential every day oil with delicate flavor that has the...
- This product bares The North American Olive Oil Association (NAOOA) Quality Seal and has been tested for both quality...
- PREMIUM QUALITY - First to receive the USDA Quality Monitored Seal
- RICH FLAVOR - Suited for marinades, pasta, and salad dressings
- CAREFULLY BLENDED - First cold pressing of the finest, select olives to accompany your favorite meals
11. Rosehip Seed Oil
Rosehip oil is one of the most potent natural home remedies that you can use for scarring. It is said to be able to heal damaged skin. This is because it is full of both anti-inflammatories and anti-oxidants. Both of these things can help reduce the size and the color of your scars. You can find rosehip oil at most health food stores and other homeopathic places.
- Pure rosehip oil
- Use mild soap to clean the scar covered area.
- Put a few drops of rosehip oil onto your scars.
- Rub the oil into your scars for around 15 minutes.
- Allow it to soak in.
- Use this remedy a few times week.
- PREMIUM GRADE: 100% Pure Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil. Delivered To You in a dark glass bottle to limit exposure to...
- SAY HELLO TO FLAWLESS SKIN: Helps with acne, even skin tone, skin discoloration, lightens dark spots, helps to diminish...
- SHINY HAIR: Put the shine and silkiness back in your hair. Helps with dandruff and other scalp conditions.
- Health and Beauty
12. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most potent and effective ways of treating skin issues such as scars. It is full of compounds such as antifungal and anti-inflammatory ingredients. These are both excellent at not only reducing the size of the scar but evening out the color as well. By using it, you could enjoy a more even skin tone.
- Tea tree oil
- Olive oil
- Cotton swab
- Clean off the area of your skin that is affected by scarring with soap.
- Mix tea tree and olive oils.
- Put this solution on a cotton swab.
- Dab at the scarred area of your skin.
- Let it sit for a few hours.
- Rinse it off.
- Repeat this once a day for a few weeks.
- HIGHEST QUALITY PURE TEA TREE OIL - Each batch is rigorously tested for purity and potency to ensure you are receiving...
- NATURALLY FRESH - Safe and effective all-purpose essential oil ideal for DIY home use as a natural cleaner, aromatherapy...
- PROMOTES SCALP HEALTH - Tee Tree Oil may also help reduce appearance of lice, dandruff and flakes
- 100% PURE ORGANIC TEA TREE OIL: This oil has been distilled and extracted from the very best leaves from the tea tree...
- RECOVERY ESSENTIAL OIL: Treat Acne, Nail Fungus, Psoriasis, Athletes Foot, Toenail Fungus, Yeast Infections, Ringworm...
- INCREDIBLE SKIN BENEFITS: Tea tree oil can improve your skin in dozens of ways. It can fight breakouts, acne and...
13. Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil is full of properties that can repair the very structure of the skin. It can help bring back its even tone and its elasticity. Not only can it help treat scars; it can also help you to reduce the wrinkles on your skin. It is full of antioxidants that help to reduce the age spots and can help nourish your dry skin. Find it at most grocery stores.
- Cod liver oil
- Wash the scarred portion of your skin thoroughly.
- Dab it dry.
- Apply a few drops of the cod liver oil to the scarred skin.
- Massage it in.
- Rinse if off after half an hour.
- Do this a few times a week.
- Dietary Supplement
- Powerful source of EPA, DHA, Omega-3 and Vitamins A & D.
- Poderosa Fuente de EPA, DHA, Omega-3 y Vitaminas A & D.
- 3 pack of unflavored liquid Engelvaer Norwegian Cod Liver Oil in a green 16 fl oz bottle
- Sourced from cold sea water codfish in the Arctic and Nordic country of Norway; pure cod liver oil
- Potent essential nutrients vitamin D, vitamin A, omega 3, EPA, and DHA; safe for human consumption
14. Garlic Extract Oil
Garlic is full of antibiotic compounds which can help improve the condition of the skin. Find it in any grocery store. For this, fresh garlic oil is best.
- Garlic oil
- Rub the garlic oil into the scars in a massaging motion.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off.
- Repeat these steps a couple of times a week for weeks.
- The most UNIQUE and AMAZING SMELLING Garlic on the market, in our opinion. If you are not ABSOLUTELY amazed, receive a...
- SUPERIOR EXPERIENCE: If you are just trying our Garlic for the first time and you do not switch to it permanently as...
- PURE + RIGOROUS QUALITY TESTING & CONTROLS: Distillation facility is GMP, ISO 9001 and Kosher certified, FDA Registered....
- 100% Natural, Vegan, & Pure
- Food grade, Therapeutic grade & Undiluted
- Steam distilled Essential oils for its purest form
Onion is one of the most potent home remedies for leg scars. It has a number of anti-inflammatory properties. These can help limit the amount of collagen growth on the scar itself. You can use this each day in order to decrease the visibility of the scar.
- Slice up an onion.
- Press it to the scarred skin.
- Rinse off the excess after 20 minutes.
Leg scars can make a person feel uncomfortable, but there are ways to fade them. In this article, we provided you with home remedies for leg scars. Which one do you use the most to heal your scars? Tell us about it in the comments below.