Varicose veins appear when certain veins develop weak walls or valves that fail to function properly. They affect both men and women and appear close to the skin surface as abnormally large veins. When you’re looking into how to get rid of varicose veins you probably expect pharmaceutical products and treatments. However, you can also use many home remedies for varicose veins and alleviate the discomfort that they can cause. Natural remedies are often part of the recommended changes as they involve making healthy choices in terms of nutrition, activity, and daily routines. Yes, some severe cases might require surgical and medical treatment courses to completely eliminate this health issue. But there are also a few natural remedies that alleviate symptoms and improve the overall health and well-being of the patient. Here are the best natural ways to get rid of varicose veins that we found.
1. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins on Thighs Using Witch Hazel
Witch hazel helps strengthen weakened blood vessels and helps reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. It acts as a natural astringent and it also contains essential oils and gallic acid. These components help reduce the swelling of those painful varicose veins. Witch hazel can help soothe affected areas and strengthen the veins in order to prevent further damage.
- Witch Hazel extract
You can simply soak a cloth in the solution and place it on the affected area for ten minutes. Repeat this process twice a day for two or three months until the symptoms subside. You can also pour twenty drops of witch hazel into a tub of lukewarm water and put your legs in the water for at least twenty minutes. Wash your legs with clean water after soaking them in the solution. Repeat the process once a day for two to three months.
2. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins on Legs & Thighs Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is used in a wide variety of home remedy recipes because of its natural cleansing properties. It can reduce swelling, clear the skin, and improve blood circulation. Apple cider vinegar can also improve blood flow and decrease the size of varicose veins regardless of the area.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
You can use undiluted apple cider vinegar and rub it directly on the skin and massage it into the affected areas for five minutes each morning and evening. The process can be repeated for two to three months in order to improve blood circulation and reduce the size of varicose veins. You can also dilute a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and drink the mixture once a day for two to three months in order to achieve improved results.
3. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins Naturally Using GarlicThe natural anti-inflammatory properties of garlic can be successfully used to treat varicose veins as they help reduce swelling and promote better blood circulation. Consuming garlic will help remove unhealthy toxins from your blood and improve blood flow through the affected veins.
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Fresh orange juice
There are several ways to use garlic in order to reduce the size of varicose veins. You can create a home remedy for varicose veins by crushing or slicing a few garlic cloves and mixing them with some freshly squeezed orange juice. Then, add two or three tablespoons of olive oil to the aforementioned mixture and let it sit overnight. You can then use a few drops of this solution to rub the affected areas and reduce the swelling. Massage the solution into your skin for fifteen to twenty minutes once a day.
After you’ve rubbed the solution into the skin, it is recommended to wrap the area in a cloth and let it sit for a few hours. You can repeat the process once a day for two or three months to reduce inflammation and promote better blood circulation.
4. How to Use Cayenne Pepper as a Natural Treatment for Varicose VeinsWhen it comes to varicose veins prevention and treatment options, cayenne pepper is a safe and natural option that you can consider. It contains bioflavonoids and high amounts of vitamin C, which help improve the blood’s circulation through the veins. Cayenne pepper also alleviates the pain caused by swollen varicose veins and helps decongest them.
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
You can mix the cayenne pepper powder into a glass of lukewarm water and stir the solution well. Drinking this mixture two or three times a day will help alleviate the symptoms of varicose veins and improve overall blood circulation. If you cannot stand the taste of the mixture, consider incorporating a teaspoon of honey and a bit of lemon juice into it. Drink the mixture for two or three months for improved results.
5. How to Naturally Get Rid of Varicose Veins Using Butcher’s BroomDealing with varicose veins causes can help reduce the symptoms caused by them. Butcher’s broom can help combat the inflammation and reduce the elasticity of weakened veins because of the natural compounds it contains. These compounds are known as Rasco genins and they help anti-elastase and anti-inflammatory activity in the veins.
The nutrients contained in this varicose veins supplement will help strengthen the veins’ weakened walls and tighten them. They will also improve blood circulation to the legs. Butcher’s Broom supplement will also provide your body with vitamins B and C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Butcher’s Broom varicose veins supplement
You can take these supplements two or three times a day in order to reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. As this herb can encourage blood circulation, you should consult a doctor before taking these supplements if you have other health issues such as high blood pressure.
6. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins on Legs Using Olive OilResorting to varicose veins laser treatment and other surgical options may be the best course of action for some patients suffering from the condition, but natural remedies can help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins for less advanced cases. Olive oil is a successful home remedy for varicose veins as it promotes better blood circulation, which is essential to countering the ill effects of this condition.
- Olive oil
- Vitamin E oil
You can simply mix a bit of olive oil with vitamin-enriched oils such as vitamin E oil and heat the oil solution up until it is warm. You can then use the warm mixture to massage the affected areas for approximately ten minutes to help promote better circulation and reduce swelling. Use this remedy once a day for two or three months for optimal results.
7. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins on Legs Naturally Using ParsleyA natural antioxidant that is rich in vitamin C, parsley helps with the repair of weakened veins because of its compounds. These compounds encourage cell repair and reproduction. They also promote the production of collagen, helping the veins become stronger and maintain their firmness. Parsley contains rutin, a substance that strengthens capillaries. Because of all of these natural attributes, it is a great natural remedy for varicose veins and varicose vein symptoms.
- Fresh parsley leaves
- Marigold & other essential oils (optional)
You can simply chop some fresh parsley up and boil it in a cup of water for five minutes. Allow the resulting mixture to cool down and strain it. You can add a drop of marigold essential oil to the mixture to increase its potency. Once the solution has cooled down, dip a cotton ball or a cloth into it and apply it to the affected area. You can repeat the process once a day for three or four months for improved results. Integrating raw parsley into your diet can also help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins.
8. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins Symptoms Using MarigoldMarigold flowers contain high amounts of flavonoids and vitamin C. They promote the body’s production of collagen, which helps weakened veins become firmer and stronger. The compounds that marigold flowers contain also encourage cell repair and regeneration, which in turn leads to fortifying weak veins. Marigold flowers improve blood circulation as well, helping alleviate many symptoms of painful varicose veins such as swelling and pain.
- Marigold flowers or marigold essential oil
- Washcloth or compress
Marigold is one of the best natural ways to cure varicose veins and it is very easy to use. You can simply boil a handful of marigold flowers in a cup of water for five to ten minutes. Remove the resulting solution from the heat and soak a washcloth in it. Apply the washcloth on the affected area and let is sit until it cools down. This process can be repeated two or three times a day for three to four months for improved results. Marigold essential oils can also be added to the mixture for a more effective varicose veins home remedy.
9. How Do You Get Rid of Varicose Veins Using Horse Chestnut Seeds?Because of their natural anti-inflammatory properties, horse chestnut seeds have been used as natural home remedies for varicose veins for a very long time. The seeds contain a compound known as aescin, which stops the body from releasing enzymes that damage the capillary walls. The compound also promotes elastic strength in veins, helping relieve the swelling and pain experienced by those suffering from varicose veins.
- Horse chestnut seed extract
Horse chestnut seed extract can be purchased from health stores and pharmacies. Gels and lotions with horare also widely available on the market. You can regularly use these products in order to combat the symptoms of varicose veins. Apply horse chestnut seed oils or gels on the affected areas two or three times a day for several months in order to achieve the best results.
Horse chestnut seed supplements can also be purchased from health stores and pharmacies. You can take this varicose veins supplement as instructed on the packaging in order to alleviate varicose vein symptoms. If you are pregnant or nursing, you should consult your physician about safe remedies as horse chestnut seed extracts may not be safe for you. Do not consume raw horse chestnut seeds, as they are toxic to the human body.
10. Essential Oils for Varicose Veins
Essential oils can relieve some of the pain and swelling by themselves or when combined with other home remedies for spider veins. They stimulate circulation, reduce inflammation, and also soften the skin, thus also having cosmetic benefits.
- Essential oils (cedarwood, rosemary, ginger, peppermint, clary sage, marigold, etc.)
Add 5 drops of your essential oil of choice to 33 ounces of water, then soak a compress and apply it to the affected area. For the best results, though, you’ll want to alternate between cold and hot compresses using the same ratio of essential oil to water. Then, keep your legs in a comfortable and elevated position for at least 15 minutes. You can keep alternating between a hot and a cold compress or try a gentle massage with undiluted essential oils. Either way, your feet will feel lighter and softer after this session.
11. How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins Naturally Using Grapevine LeavesGrapevine leaves, just as other natural remedies on this list, contain flavonoids that help strengthen veins and combat the symptoms of varicose veins. Grapevine leaves have astringent, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties that help alleviate those painful varicose veins. They also promote better blood circulation. Here is how to get rid of varicose veins in a few simple steps.
- Grapevine leaves
You can simply boil a some grapevine leaves into a pot of water for fifteen minutes and let the resulting solution cool down until it gets lukewarm. After it has cooled, soak your legs in the solution for five minutes. Wash your legs with cold water and massage your legs with essential oils after you’ve patted them dry. Keep your legs in an elevated position after massaging them to promote better blood circulation. Repeat this process once a day for three to four months for improved results.
12. Mud Packs for Spider Veins
Mud is one of the most overlooked natural remedies, and a very effective one at that. However, not every mud will will do. Here’s what you need and how to get rid of varicose veins with mud packs:
Mix the powder with water until you get a thick paste. Apply this treatment on the affected area, wait for it to dry a bit, then gently wrap the area with a dry cloth to avoid creating a mess. You can simply rinse the mud off the next morning. for the best results against spider veins, alternating hot and cold water is recommended.
Figuring out how to get rid of varicose veins using natural remedies can be simple if you know which ingredients to use. Medical and surgical solutions are sometimes required to treat this condition but natural remedies can help alleviate symptoms and aid in the recovery and treatment process. Now that you know how to get rid of varicose veins using natural treatments, you can find the best remedies that work for you and combine them to achieve the desired results.