Learn how to relieve lower back pain right from the comfort of your home. Lower back pain is a painstaking condition that afflicts both young and old. Anything from an improper diet to an incorrect posture or injuries may lead to lower back pain.
The longer back pain lasts, the more frustrating it becomes to accomplish usual daily actions. Some prefer over-the-counter drugs to deal with the cringing symptoms and effects of lower back pain. Others prefer prescription drugs. One of the downsides for these options is that they may present side-effects and cost a fortune.
Others still have a knack for picking what Mother Nature has best to offer. If you count yourself in this category, then our article on how to relieve lower back pain is right down your alley. These 10 home remedies for lower back pain will reveal their extraordinary healing properties in no time. At the end of the article, you will also find the best tips and tricks on how to relieve lower back pain fast.
1. How to Relieve Lower Back Pain with Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is a plant the healing properties of which are known for centuries. It’s antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and a great stress relief when prepared as tea. All these properties recommend chamomile and chamomile tea as one answer to how to relieve pain in lower back.
Chamomile relaxes your entire body. This is why chamomile tea is great to relax muscles and reduce the strain on nerves. Drink 3 cups of chamomile tea per day for one week.
2. How to Relieve Severe Lower Back Pain with Ginger Tea
Ginger is really a miracle plant. It boosts and protects the immune system, it promotes weight loss and the regulation of the metabolic system and it’s a great aid in reducing inflammatory pain. How to relieve lower back pain in no time? Use ginger in any form.
Ginger tea is the easiest way to get the best of this root’s healing properties in the shortest time frame. Boil the water first and don’t add the peeled ginger root until it’s boiled. Boiling the ginger with the water is a common mistake that leads to diluting the ginger’s properties. Add the ginger slices in the hot water, cover with a lid and let it simmer for half an hour.
3. How to Relieve Lower Back Pain at Home with Ginger Cayenne Salve
Cayenne pepper powder is ideal for a salve to relieve lower back pain fast
This home remedy is warming, numbing and offers much-needed pain relief wherever it is applied. It’s a great option for how to relieve lower back pain sciatica, arthritis pain, joint pain, muscle pain. It’s all natural, it has a great smell and will calm your nerve endings and reduce strain.
Make the ginger cayenne salve at home by following these simple steps:
- Round up these ingredients for the back pain home remedy: 1 cup of olive or coconut oil, half a cup of beeswax pills, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder, 1 tablespoon of ginger root powder, 1 tablespoon of dried arnica flowers and one tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Infuse the powders and the arnica flowers in the carrier oil. Get a clean mason jar, put the ingredients together and leave them overnight covered with a clean cloth or lid.
- Use a cheesecloth to separate the oil from the flowers and impurities as soon as the infusion is done.
- Use a double boiler to blend the infused oil and the beeswax. As soon as the beeswax is melted, remove the boiler from the heat. The mixture won’t take long to harden, so pour it in the desired recipients soon.
4. How to Relieve Lower Back Muscle Pain with Cayenne Clove Salve
Steps to making cayenne clove salve
This second salve recipe is another great home remedy for lower back pain but not only. The secret ingredient: cayenne. As cayenne carries capsaicin – a phenolic resin that heats to the point of burning, it is this substance that adds to the numbing and calming effect of the salve. Cloves too have extraordinary antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory ingredients. Together, they work wonders.
Here’s what you need to make this home remedy and how:
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne infused oil, half a tablespoon of cloves infused oil, four tablespoons of coconut oil, beeswax.
- The steps to making this home remedy to solve the puzzle of how to relieve lower back pain are similar to the one presented above. Enjoy a life free of pain!
5. How to Relieve Lower Back Pain with Garlic and Mustard Oil
Garlic isn’t useful just to keep vampires away (as lore and legend goes). It’s also a natural booster for the immune system and for reducing inflammatory pain. Whether you choose to eat it raw, add plenty of it to your food or create home remedies to relieve back pain using garlic, it’s a winning situation in any case. Here’s a more unconventional way to use garlic for back pain.
Fry 10 garlic cloves in four spoons of mustard oil. Both these ingredients have key anti-inflammatory and anti-pain properties. Strain the oil, let it cool and massage your lower back area. Use the mustard garlic oil for massage for one week. You will be surprised!
6. How do You Relieve Lower Back Pain with Curcuma Tea
Curcuma or turmeric root powder is one of the most powerful ingredients revered around the globe. A simple tea sweetened with good quality honey is one of the best back pain relief solutions. You can use one of the salve above at the same time with the curcuma tea.
7. How to Relieve Lower Back Pain Pinched Nerve with Potato Juice
Potatoes don’t necessarily feature on anyone’s super-ingredients list. Although they should. Potato juice is among the best home remedies for lower back pain and pinched nerves. Due to the potatoes’ anti-inflammatory properties, one single cup of this magic juice per day will relieve back pain.
Just make sure that you consume the potato juice as soon as it is ready. Potatoes oxidize quite rapidly when peeled and exposed to the environment. Potato juice even more so.
8. How to Relieve Lower Back Pain with Epsom Salt
There is almost nothing as relaxing as a warm bath soaked in Epsom salt. Sore muscles are soothed, inflammations give in, and all thanks to the magnesium sulfate content. What if you added even more healing herbs and ingredients to your Epsom salt to help with your quest on how to relieve lower back pain?
It’s easy. This home remedy is ideal to relieve back pain, stressed muscles and cramps. All you need: 2 cups of Epsom salts, 1 cup of bicarbonate soda, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary essential oil, cinnamon essential oil, lavender essential oil, lavender flowers and maybe even some rosemary leaves.
Mix these ingredients together, add one cup in the warm water, adjust the temperature and enjoy. It’s uplifting, relaxing and ideal when you’re thinking about how to relieve lower back and hip pain.
9. How to Relieve Arthritis Pain in Lower Back with Blackcurrants
Blackcurrant seed oil carries benefic properties for our bodies
Blackcurrants have benefic properties for the immune system and not only. The oil obtained from blackcurrant seeds is ideal to soothe pain and prevent inflammation of the lower back muscles and nerve endings.
All you need to do is to rub 2 tablespoons of blackcurrant seed oil on the afflicted area. Massage gently to relieve lower back pain fast. Take a warm bath afterwards or just leave the blackcurrant seed oil on for longer. Repeat for a week and your lower back pain will be soothed. Guaranteed!
10. How to Relieve Lower Back Pain Fast with Honey and Mustard Cream
Fast home remedy for lower back pain: honey mustard cream
Both honey and mustard are creamy ingredients that go well together for a delicious sauce or marinate. Well, they also go well together as an antidote for lower back pain. Mustard is great to numb inflamed nerves, while honey heals them rapidly. To prepare this cream at home:
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 of mustard, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of backing soda.
- Warm the mustard, add the honey and then add the rest of the ingredients, stirring at all times. Use a double boiler for this as the mustard and the honey shouldn’t be directly under the influence of the heat. After 5 minutes of stirring you will notice the cream got a thicker consistency. That’s how you know it’s ready. Pour the cream in the recipient you have prepared and use it warm directly on the afflicted area. You may even wrap a bit of plastic foil around it to keep it in place and let it soak in.
- Leave it on the lower back area for three hours, covered with a towel. Remove with warm water.
How to Relieve Lower Back Pain at Home – Tips and Tricks
Home remedies are powerful tools to relieve back pain fast, removing the need for prescription drugs or over the counter drugs. However, there are other things you can do to from the comfort of your home. Follow these tips and tricks on how to relieve lower back pain fast.
- Cold therapy for lower back pain. It may be counterintuitive, but this is an amazing way to relieve back pain. Apply ice packs or gel packs on the inflamed area. It will help reduce the inflammation and swelling in no time. Nerves are calmed and thus the spasms causing back pain are hindered. Think of ice packs and gel packs as local anesthetics that are extremely handy and affordable.
- Heat therapy for lower back pain. Many of the home remedies we presented work by warming up the area where you feel most pain. Heat therapy can be done using the salves, taking a hot bath or applying a hot water back on the lower back. Use heat therapy just for a few minutes. Too much heat may lead to further inflammation and cause even more pain.
Stretching, Yoga, Water Exercise. These are alternative remedies to soothe lower back pain.
- Water therapy. It’s important to hydrate yourself at all times, even when the cringing lower back pain cuts your appetite to do so. In addition, you can try out exercise routines and classes in local pools. Land-based exercise isn’t recommended in the case of severe lower back pain. However, water supports your body, muscle and tissues. You won’t feel the pain while exercising in the water, but the effects on your body and lower back pain will be plentifully felt.
- Stretching therapy. Stretching is one of the few exercises you can do at home without the lower back pain worsening. Sometimes, the root cause of lower back pain are tight ham strings. Relieve the pressure on the ham strings by trying a few specially-designed stretching poses. Alternatively, practice a couple of Yoga poses that have the power to relieve both the pressure on the ham strings and lower back pain.
- Exercise your core. In order to prevent further lower back pain, you must strengthen your core. There are plenty of training routines that target specifically the core. Find yours and stick to it. The stronger your core, the more support your back muscles and spine will benefit from.
- Keep the right posture. We know, it’s difficult. Yet, keeping the right posture whether you’re walking, sitting on the chair, watching TV or even sitting in bed is paramount to having a healthy back. Quite often, lower back pain is due to not maintaining the right posture in the office or at home.
These are just a few of the things you can do to prevent lower back pain or relieve it from the comfort of your home. Mother Nature’s pantry is filled with wonderfully benefic ingredients that act to help us counter pain, whether it’s back pain, a headache or anything else.
We hope we gave you a few clues on how to relieve lower back pain and that you found them useful. Let us know in the comment section below.
Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
(Visited 543 times, 1 visits today)