The pelvic inflammatory disease is a condition caused when the pelvic organs become inflamed. This includes organs such as fallopian tubes, ovaries, and the uterus. It can be caused by different things. One of the most common ways is when vaginal bacteria move into the organs. If this is the case for you, you can try home remedies for bacterial vaginosis to deal with this issue as well. It can also be a side effect of a sexually transmitted infection.
Dealing with Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Naturally
In this article, we will offer you home remedies for pelvic inflammatory disease. They can be used to speed along the treatment your doctor is giving you. These home remedies for the pelvic inflammatory disease will come with instructions for completing them. We will also list any of the necessary materials you will need for each one.
1. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are able to reduce inflammation right away. Not only this, but they can help prevent further unnecessary inflammation as well. These fats can be found in a variety of different foods. You can also take supplements if getting these foods in your diet each day is difficult.
- Omega-3 fatty acid supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acid-rich food
- Take omega-3 fatty acid supplements as directed by the bottle or your doctor.
- You can also try to work in as many omega-3 rich foods as you can. These foods include:
- Brussels sproutsCanola oil
- Chia seed
- Wild rice
- Winter squash
2. Daily Multivitamin
It is a good idea to give your body the nutrients it needs in order to stay healthy and fight infections. There are supplements that are high in antioxidants, but it has been shown that these supplements may cause health risks; therefore, getting a multivitamin that has antioxidants in it is best. This way you get the right number of antioxidants to help get rid of the infection. You will also get the vitamins you need to stay healthy.
- Take a daily multivitamin as recommended on the bottle. Look for multivitamins that contain the following for best results:
- Vitamins A, C, B-complex, E
3. Diet Full of Antioxidants and Calcium
Having the right diet is the foundation for helping your body recover from any infections from the pelvic inflammatory disorder. You need calcium and foods rich in antioxidants. The antioxidants are able to give the immune system a boost. This may help you recover more quickly from the infections. There are a number of different foods you can eat in order to get the right diet.
- Antioxidant and calcium-rich foods
- Eat a lot of the following:
- Citrus fruits
- Dark chocolate
- Kidney beans
4. Probiotic Supplements
When you are trying to recover from an illness, the best thing to do is maintain the health of your immune system. A healthier immune system is going to be able to get rid of infections more quickly. There are a number of ways to do this, like antioxidants. Yet, one of the most effective ways of doing so is through probiotics.
Probiotics with at least 5 to 10 billion colony-forming units are best. Not only will this help you take care of your immune system, it will also support gastrointestinal health.
- Take the supplements according to the directions from your doctor or on the bottle.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is full of antioxidants that may be able to give your immune system a boost. Having a healthy immune system is crucial to making a swift recovery. You can choose to enjoy green tea each day, or you can consume standardized extract instead. Green tea bags are inexpensive and can be found at any grocery store. You can find the extract at most any health food store if you prefer that method instead.
- Green tea leaves or bags
- Boil water.
- Pour it into a mug full of green tea leaves/bags.
- Let it steep for 15 minutes.
- Drink the tea when cool at least twice a day.
- Take green tea extract.
6. Grapefruit Seed Oil
Grapefruit seed oil is a potent method of helping your body recover from any infection. It is full of antioxidants that make it easy for you to boost your immune system. Not only this, but it is full of anti-inflammatories as well. Because of this, you can help reduce the painful pelvic inflammation. You can do this at the same time as you help your immune system work harder with antioxidants.
- Grapefruit seed oil drops or Grapefruit seed oil supplements
- Consume a 100-milligram capsule full of this oil once every day.
- You can also put five to 10 drops of the oil into any drink of your choice.
7. Cat’s Claw
Cat’s claw is full of anti-fungal and antibacterial compounds. This is good for helping to reduce the inflammation. Not only this, but it may be able to help fight off the bacteria causing the infection in the first place. Cat’s claw is not for everyone; if you are leukemia, autoimmune or blood pressure patient, consult with your doctor before beginning taking cat’s claw. It can be found at most health food stores. It is recommended that you take standardized cat’s claw extract; this is the most effective way of consuming it.
- Consume 20 milligrams of standardized extract up to three times daily for best results.
8. Reishi Mushroom
Reishi mushrooms are good when you want more foods full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. It is able to fight the inflammation that causes the pain and swelling during the infection. The antioxidants within it are also excellent at helping the immune system to fight off the infection. This makes reishi mushrooms a doubly potent thing to eat for the pelvic inflammatory disease. It is recommended that you take the extract instead of just eating them. Find this extract at most health food stores.
Note: If you are taking aspirin or other blood thinners, consult with your doctor before taking reishi extract.
- Take 150 milligrams to 300 milligrams of the extract up to three times a day.
Bromelain is an enzyme that is found in pineapple. It is able to help reduce the inflammation that comes with the infection. You can eat fresh pineapple to get the bromelain if you would like. You could also simply take a bromelain supplement if that is easier. Pineapple can be found in any produce section of any grocery store. You will find the supplements in pharmacies and health food departments.
Note: Consult with a doctor before consuming bromelain if you are on blood thinners.
- Cut up a fresh pineapple.
- Eat the pineapple throughout the day, each day.
- Take bromelain supplements as directed on the bottle.
10. Olive Leaf
Olive leaves are full of antibacterial benefits. This can help to rid the body of the bacteria causing the pelvic inflammatory disorder. Not only this, but it comes with properties that help to boost the immune system. They can work in harmony with the antibacterials to help your body heal much faster. You can make a tea out of an olive leaf or take standardized extract.
Note: Talk to your doctor if you have low blood pressure or low blood sugar before consuming.
- Take 250 to 500 milligrams of olive leaf extract thrice daily.
- Steep olive leaves in boiling water to make a tea.
Garlic is full of properties beneficial for the pelvic inflammatory disease. It is known as an antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiviral. All of these compounds working together can help relieve your pelvic inflammatory disease symptoms. Fresh garlic is recommended for this home remedy.
- Two fresh garlic cloves
- Crush up two cloves of garlic.
- Eat these cloves on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Chase it with water.
- Add plenty of garlic to your food when you cook as well.
- You can chew on a clove of garlic throughout the day.
12. Castor Oil
Castor oil is able to reduce the pain and cramping that comes with the pelvic inflammatory disease. It helps you to withstand the symptoms long enough for your body to keep healing and remove the pain altogether. You can find castor oil in most grocery stores. You can also find it in a few pharmacies or health stores.
- Dampen some of the cloth with castor oil.
- Put the castor oil cloth onto your abdomen.
- Cover the cloth with plastic wrap.
- Put a heating pad over the area for half an hour.
- If you do not have a heating pad, allow it to sit on your skin for up to three hours.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is great at balancing your pH levels. This is why it is often used for the treatment of vaginal infections; therefore, it is also helpful for being used for the pelvic inflammatory disease. It is full of both antifungal and antimicrobial pathogens that attach the bacteria. You can likely find apple cider vinegar in your cupboard. If not, it is very cheap to purchase at the store.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Full a bath with warm water.
- Add three cups of vinegar to the bath.
- Soak in this bath for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Do this four or five times each week.
- You can also drink diluted apple cider vinegar each day.
Turmeric is full of anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. You are able to use it to treat the inflammation and pain that comes with the pelvic inflammatory disease. Not only this, but it has antiseptic properties. This can help clear out the bacteria in your body that is causing the pelvic inflammatory disease. Find it in any grocery store in powdered form.
- Ground turmeric
- You can mix turmeric into some warm milk.
- Stir it up and drink a minimum of one glass each day.
- You can also add turmeric to your recipes.
15. Baking Soda
Baking soda can help balance out your pH levels. It can help get rid of unhealthy vaginal discharge. This is often a symptom of the pelvic inflammatory disease. Find baking soda in any grocery store near you.
- Baking soda
- Run a warm bath.
- Put a cup of baking soda into the bath.
- Soak in it for 30 minutes.
Make Sure not to Endure Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Anymore
The pelvic inflammatory disease is a painful condition that needs medical attention. Even so, there are home remedies for the pelvic inflammatory disease to speed along your healing.
In this article, we offered you several of those home remedies for pelvic inflammatory disease. Which home remedy works best for you? Let us know about it in the comments section below.